close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Newbie to Forum

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Thommes, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Hey guys!

Just found the site. I mostly night fish from the shore and normally hit the spillway down at Deer Creek. Normally just pull the little guys out of the water though. Looking for other places to go and wouldn't mind trying a pay lake in the central oh area. If anyone would like to offer ideas for locations to try, ie places on Deer Creek or other locations entirely, I'd love to hear them. Off to read all the messages.

Tom

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Welcome Tom.

Lots of areas around you: Big Darby, Scioto (w/in a few minutes), of corse Deer Creek, etc....

3. Yep we started fishing the Scioto a little last year. We just aren't catching fish. :) Thats why if anyone wanted to give us some ideas where on the Scioto or at DeerCreek to fish, we'd be listening.

Tom

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Tom, alot of us know areas to fish around here, but are hesitant to give out specific locations to someone we dont know..Because small holes on rivers can be fished out in a hurry if the cats are not released..Welcome to OGF..There are alot of spots on the scioto up in your area to catch nice catfish!

5. Yep, I understand that 100%. Plus if you have a site you like, you might find it taken the next time ya go. We haven't kept a fish since we went over and camped at the Power Ponds about six years ago.

I do have a spot in mind on the Scioto right at Fishinger Road bridge on the Mill Run side of the river. Its a nice gravel bar that allows you to cast out in about any direction. Just haven't had the chance to test it yet.

6. Welcome to OGF and good luck catting :)

7. catking

catking Banned

Always nice to have a new catter on the boards.... Thanks for joining and good luck to you this cattin season............ THE CATKING !!!

8. hunted

hunted i missed again........

thomm.the shallow waters all along old 207 is good catfish waters,especially in the spring and fall.visit the lake in the winter,when the lake is low to get an idea where the channel is.where the old bridge used to be,the lake side,there is a secondary channel that cuts closer to the bank.between them there is a flat,its also good.i use 9 foot master custom strikers,12 pound line 2 ounces of weight,a swivel and a leader of the same pound.launch em at the channel with cut shad.also good if there is a little bit of current flowing.i have caught numerous channels from 3 to appr 8 pounds,and one 12 pounder.if ya got a boat,between the boat ramp off 207 and that area in the channel are good also.and out in front of the swimming area.

i have caught more fish through the day,in 90 degree plus weather than i have caught at night there,lol

9. WB185Ranger

WB185Ranger Gotta Love Odie!

Welcome "T" from WB!!! :)

10. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

WELCOME TO OGF !!! its great to have another CATguy on the board !!!

11. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

Nice to have ya aboard... looking forward to hearing of some great fishing trips soon.

Flathead King 06