Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am new to posting on the board but have followed the posts for a little over a year as a guest. I am going to be in Ashtabula over the weekend w/ the family and some friends of ours live there and have a 23ft boat and said that we would go out and do some fishing. I was just wondering if any fish of any kind are being caught in the area. From what I have read on here over the past year it seems the fish have not really moved into this part of the lake at this time of the year. Am I wrong and are there some fish in the area now?

Thanks for all the great posts and information, and I hope to become a somewhat regular poster on the forums.

Lee

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Welcome to the board.

They say there are 'resident' fish all around the ake that dont really move much in the course of the year. Your friend with the boat likely knows the area and where to find fish.

Dont get stuck on walleye alone. Smallie fishing is picking up......all must be immediately released. The OH/PA boarder is supose to have some excellent smallie waters. People are finding perch also I would guess.

Contact a local bait store up that way and ask them whats cookin.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts