Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new on the site, fish trout, catfish, pike and Musky here in New Mexico. From WIsconsin ... yeah why oh why did I move. :(

I've made spinners, spoons & tie flies but I'd like to add plug making. I used to carve decoys and decorative birds. Finished them with layers of acrylic washes to blend colors. The airbrush work everyone does is a work of art but does anyone hand paint anymore? Have an airbrush but it's single action and the compressor is noisy.

AlsoI see Specialized Balsa carries fine balsa dust at about @2.50 a cubic ft. Has anyone ever used this with resin to mold lures?

bill

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I've never used it, but if it adds buoyancy without adding air bubbles, you will have yourself an idea that everyone will appreciate. He you tried it yet? Sounds interesting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, haven't tried it. I'm just getting into carving the cranks much less casting them. They sell different grades fine, medium etc. A coarser grade might be better, fine might completely absorb the resin. Was meant more as a suggestion at this point.

bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts