close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New York Ice Trip

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Cap'n Hook, Jan 22, 2005.

1. I called my Dad in Sodus NY to see how the ice was up there. He said that there are guys out there every day. I am thinking about a road trip to Sodus Bay if anyone is interested. Possibly as early as next weekend. I go every year for the last weekend of Pike around March 15th. I know all the places to go and where to park. (I am originally from there) Also know where to get licences. The trip takes 5 hrs. If anyone is interested in going please let me know. Fishing for Pike, Perch, and panfish. Also an occasional Trout, Salmon or Walleye. Accomodations are close by and fairly reasonable. I will plan on leaving on friday evening around 5-6 PM.

Good Luck and Good Fishin'

Cap'n

2. i might be interested in going i ahve my new york licences i fished up ther for salmon this year i was look for a place to go up tehre but did not ahve any idea wher to even start

3. I am definitely going to NY this weekend. I'll be leaving Friday 5-6 PM If you do want to go....please e-mail or phone me at 330/554-3060. I have great arrangements for lodging!

Cap'n

4. Hey, I used to go up there evry year and fish with Capt Larry Hurxthal of BITE ME charters. He owns Sodus Point Lodge. Do me a favor, stop in and him or his wife that Carl from Ohio says HELLO. If they're open, rooms were 25 a night, if I remember correctly.

Great breakfasts at the bait shop too.

5. I'm sure that the lodge will be open. So if I get the chance I will stop in and say Hello! Fishing reports there have been very good especially fo Perch and Pike. I hope to have a great trip!

Good Luck and Good Fishin'

Cap'n

6. Timbr

Timbr Alaska Grayling

Cap'n,
    How long are you staying and are you taking your oun shanty or going with a guide?

Thanks
    Tim

7. I'm taking my own shanty and I am staying til Sunday afternoon. My mom said that she would take in a few fisherman so that they wouldn't have to pay for a Hotel/Motel. I still have no takers, so first come first serve on the free lodging! No Guide/I am the guide. I have fished the area all my life!

Cap'n