close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New York Fishing License Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by archman, Sep 27, 2004.

1. We're going to Lewston, NY next week with a guide for some Kings. We will be getting in late Wednesday night, and don't want to mess around getting one early in the morning. Does anyone know of a Walmart, or a Dicks where I can stop along the way and get one? I don't want to venture too far off 90. I just called the number I got online and they said if I get it over the phone, I won't get it in time.

2. Down River Bait & Tackle 820 Seneca St Lewiston, N.Y. (716) 754-4272 or A-1 Bait & Tackle on N. Water St Lewiston, N.Y. (716) 754-1895 Both open at 6am

hope that helps buddy!

3. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I don't know about New York Joel but I bought my Pa. license from Gander Mountain in Canton. Ya might give them a call and see if you can by a New York license there also.

Gene

4. I think you can purchase one on-line at the NY DNR website. Not sure, but I think so.

5. There's also a Galyan's off 90 in Buffalo. I don't know how to get there, but you can see it from the highway.

6. Thanks for the help guys. Gene, I called Gander and you can only get a PA license there, so they can't help. Big Daddy, I tried online, but they said it will be 2-3 weeks before I got the license. I actually did some looking online and found a WalMart once you get inside NY that's less than a mile off the hiway.

7. Good luck fishing, hope you get some big ones. Be sure to let us know how you do. How many days you going to be over there? I have heard lots of good things about salmon fishing in that area. Are you going to try for any in the rivers or just out in the lake? I would think there would be a few in the river by now.

8. Joel,

There is a Wal-Mart about 5 miles from Lewiston in Niagra where you can get a NY license. The address there is:
    5555 Porter Road
    Niagara Falls, NY 14304
    (716) 298-4484
    I am not sure what time they open or whatever, but I think this is the one you are talking about. Either way, it is only 5 miles from Lewiston. Here are direcs from Lewiston:
    Go East on NY-18F/CENTER ST towards S 8TH ST.

Take the RT-104 W/R. MOSES PKWY SOUTH ramp towards I-190 W/CANADA BUFFALO/NIAGARA FALLS.

Keep LEFT at the fork in the ramp.

Stay straight to go onto LEWISTON RD/NY-104.

Turn LEFT onto NY-265.

Turn RIGHT onto UPPER MOUNTAIN RD.

Take the I-190 S ramp towards NIAG. FALLS/BUFFALO.

Merge onto I-190 S.

Take the RT-182/PORTER RD exit, exit number 23, towards PACKARD RD.

Merge onto NIAGARA EXWY.

Turn RIGHT onto PACKARD RD.

Hope this helps. I know this is for sure the closest Wal-Mart from where you will be. The Niagra is hot right now for Kings and there are lots of great charters up that way too. I reccomend Capt. John DeLorenzo. Here is his website: http://www.niagarariverguides.com/sys-tmpl/door/.

Let me know if you wanna travel further up to Oswego to hit the rivers up there sometime. I am planning a trip this winter. It's so hot up there! Huge King fever from shore!

Mat

9. What do you get in the rivers up there in the winter? I've heard of HUGE browns and some good steelhead action. How are the crowds?

10. The rivers I go to are near Point Breeze. Oak Orchard, Johnsons Creek, Marsh Creek, etc. King Salmon, Rainbow, Steelhead, and Brown trout. The crowds are of course lighter where the access is more difficult.

License is good 10-01 til 09-30 at a cost of $40 non-resident yearly.