Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Scioto Smallies Rock!!!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I recently purchased my first Kayak and am wondering about the laws and registration here in ohio. Also anyone with suggestions on accessories for a swifty 9.5 would be greatly appreciated seeing as how I have a blank shell that is ready to be turned into the ultimate fishing yak.

·
Kayak Conquistador
546 Posts
http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/showthread.php?t=122358

That thread has some good pics of andyman's rig. (Where has andyman been?) Also, check out the kayak & canoe forum and read extensively.

You really didnt ask a question about registering, but yes, you do need to do that to be legal. I believe the Gander Mtn on Hilliard-rome can do alternate kayak registration there(One sticker, no OH- numbers).

Check out kayakfishingstuff.com also. See you out there. :)

·
Just some guy
310 Posts
That thread Symba posted is great - Andy's setup rocks. I just sold one kayak & am now left with a Swifty (ex-gf), so I'll be dressing mine up too. If you want another newb to hit the Scioto or other flows with, shoot me a pm. I'm ready to get the yak wet a couple of times while the weather's still nice.

·
Scioto Smallies Rock!!!
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys your awesome! Andyman does have a nice rig. I'm willing to yak with anyone. I've waded the same 5 holes all summer and really want to find out more creeks/rivers where i could find some nice smallies

·
Fish On!
411 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad to hear another Yak fisherman on board. Here is a link you may want to check out.

http://www.kayakfishingstuff.com/community/showthread.php?t=52380&highlight=swifty+kayak

This guy added on a few simple accessories to his swifty. I like his setup with this boat model.

Thanks, both of those threads are very helpful. I bought a Perception Rhythm 11 earlier this summer, and have been slowly outfitting it as necessary. All of these tips have helped.

I grew up on Lake Erie, and always had a boat to fish up there, so the small lakes and river fishing is fairly new to me, and kayak fishing is an even bigger change - still getting used to it, but its been fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts