close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New world record carp?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Jul 10, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

My mother and wife said they saw it on TV this morning...anyone have specifics?

2. throw it a trah can and ship it back to the germans

http://www.iisgcp.org/EXOTICSP/carp.htm
    "The Carp does have a negative impact on its environment. Carp stir up sediment from the bottom of streams, rivers and lakes as part of their feeding habits. These feeding habits cause an increase of sediment in the water, which in turn causes an increase of turbidity. Turbidity is detrimental to other organisms living in the same stream, river or lakes an aggressive bottom dwelling fish. In other words, the Common Carp decreases fish life by hogging the food and muddying the waters."

3. ShakeDown

Nice. I ask a simple question, and now we must all bear your opinionated wisdom.

I don't fish for carp, and never have. But there are MANY here who do, and you need to respect that.

4. Yea but my old roommate, Fishman, love fishing for them and he always made me go. Now i truely know how much i hate carp. I just enjoy fishing for native fish that are not making it hard for other fish in thier natural home

5. ShakeDown

That's fine man. But the slam/scripture you quoted were unecessary, and serve the sole purpose of causing a problem here. A simple "no, I didn't see it" would have been sufficient. Considering you're a paylaker, which is probably a bigger controversy than carp, I would've thought you'd be a little more understanding, and not so quick to jump on them because you "hate" them.

6. im not a paylaker, i like wining money at paylakes, the thread that i was on that was slaming paylakes, provoked my hostility. The slam was funny and i would write it again, but i do agree the additional info was uncalled for, although true, uncalled for. I am sorry if i upset any carp fishermen with my comment. But if you are going to fish for carp just try not to strain youself getting them back in the water.

7. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Rusty: chill out about the carp! If you don't like carp, don't fish for them. Anymore and I'll close this thread, or any other you post about carp on. Get on a new subject. Drop your carp bashing crap now! Enough said.

8. Hey Shake- how big would the world record be? I'm not a carp guy but I am curious. Anyone have a picture?

9. The "Dirty Harry" of OGF. Keep up the good work.

Sliprig

10. ShakeDown

Zilla...I'm not sure. I got my info from my mom and wife who both saw it on like CNN or something. Between the two of them, 50 lbs can turn into 150 REAL quick :D

11. Would like to have your mom and wife on my boat when I catch my next 5# walleye. :D :)

12. ShakeDown

I can rent either, for a nominal fee :D

13. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I'll stay out of the argument for sake of winning........but if the DNR did not want them returned to the water, they would not return them when test shocking the waters. But they do. Nuf said.

14. Like i said im not tryin to offend carp people, im just a smart ellic and i go to far with my humor. It is obvious to everyone that weather or not they are native, carp are not leaving anytime soon. I respect that you all are making the best of that.

15. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

BTW....how's fishman doing? Haven't heard anything out of him in quite some time.

16. He is good, he has been workin pretty hard over at Jone's hatchery, hes pullin like 60, 70, sometimes even 80 hours a week. So he does not have much free time.

17. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Holy crap. No wonder I don't hear anything out of him anymore.

18. he is going to arkansas once a week now too to it is hard to tell what that is gonna be like

19. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

i havent seen any mention of a world record being
    caught recently on the UK/Euro forums and news
    would travel fast there.but if its true its probably a
    record for a specific strain,rather than a record for
    all cyprinus carpio.or perhaps not even a carp at
    all like a grass carp or big head,ect.

rusty-you wouldn't be related to Desporado by
    any chance,would you?

20. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Could it have been this fish. I saw this in the news a few weeks ago. A 73 lb, new world record buffalohead.

I haven't been able to find a picture of it, but I saw it on the news when I was in MN. Maybe someone can find a pic on the net somewhere.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/84-03232004-269863.html

Kim