Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
Wonder what type of scale was used to weigh Perrys.... I'll bet it was an old spring fed type......this bass the guy from Japan caught is freakin freakish....:D THE CATKING !!!

·
Multi Species Angler
6,188 Posts
So how many egg sinkers were stuffed down it's throat? lol :D

·
Banned
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is word that it coughed up a sea gull, 2 baby ducks, and a 6 ft snake in the guys live well!!:D:D:D:D J-K!!

·
I Love the Maumee River!
63 Posts

The story comes out of Lake Biwa in the Shiga Prefecture of Japan. The bass reportedly weighs 10.12 kilograms or a little less than 22 pounds, 5 ounces and measured 73.5 centimeters (nearly 29 inches). No girth measurements are available at this time.

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
That chick that caught it looks pretty happy!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
WOW That thing is huge. It kinda sucks for the old record holder though. This thing is heavier by less than an ounce and I'm pretty sure they did not have fancy digital scales in the 30's!!

·
OSU outdoorsman
2,230 Posts
WOW That thing is huge. It kinda sucks for the old record holder though. This thing is heavier by less than an ounce and I'm pretty sure they did not have fancy digital scales in the 30's!!
If the weight doesn't surpass the previous record by at least 2 ounces, then it TIES the record officially. SO it looks like there might be a Tie for the world record.

·
Senior Executive Member
1,285 Posts
If the weight doesn't surpass the previous record by at least 2 ounces, then it TIES the record officially. SO it looks like there might be a Tie for the world record.
anyone know the rationale behind that rule? I think it is strange. clearly a bass that is only an once heavier than another bass is still heavier.

I could understand if it was epsilon heavier... or infinitesimally heavier but above zero. ;)

nice fish, for sure.

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
Ties are for women and crybabies....I agree with seethe303, if the fish is weighed on a certified scale, and is an ounce heavier, so be it. In track and fiel, they measure to the thousand of a second, if you win by .001 , you freakin win and are crowned champ. A scale CERTIFIED will register an ounce every time, and an ounce is an ounce........ these bass guys are one of a kind...:confused: THE CATKING !!!

·
Banned
5,615 Posts
Pretty important thread to move from the lounge without a redirect. How many world records are caught....some people don't even check out the bassin...for good reasons...:D.....

·
Ohio Fishing Militia
520 Posts
22.5 lbs????? and according to Japenese officials, all their Olympic gymnists are over 18yrs old.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts