Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hear anything on the new walleye record from Erie? Supposed to be over 18lbs if certified by the ODNR. Haven't heard much on it. Just caught a rumor via email a few mins ago.

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,510 Posts
The only thing I heard about it was an April fools joke that was started.
I read about it on WC.

·
Team OGF
2,132 Posts
I read the same thing Lewis did. April Fools Joke. But We'll see If I can change that this weekend maybe......

:D

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Tee that is one BEAST of a smallie in your avatar! What did that pig weigh?

·
Team OGF
2,132 Posts
LOL. I have no idea. I put it back asap after I got it in. I was worried about the gobies destroying the nest and I never even got a measurement, just a pic. I hired a guide for smallie fishing in May of '01. The fish were bedding and we were drifting over a reef. In '01 there was alot of unknowns about the gobies. The thought was that the gobies were destroying the nests. The guide recommended returning the smallies back as quickly as possible. So, I did. Just enough time to get a quick pic. It was the 1st cast of the morning. Sun was on the horizon. and I get a HUGE strike. Seconds later, I see this shadow come leaping out of the water about 40 yards away. It was a GREAT day of Smallie fishing! Since then I have been stuck on catching Lake Erie Footballs. :p :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts