Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Bass Pro last night, and noticed a low inventory of Ugly Stiks. A guy who works there told me they haven't gotten any for a couple of weeks, supposedly there are some new models coming out.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yes they are coming out with a new model. It is called the gx2. It will be black with blue on it. It will also feature one piece guides. The insert wont be popping out any more.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Just as fishman said, the gx2 is coming out any time now, so I'm watching the stores for sales on current ugly stick products. Sooner or later they will have to get rid of the old to make room for the new.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I was at Dick's sporting goods Sunday and they had some new gx2 combos. $49.99. I don't remember blue trim on it, I believe it was red. Either way I thought the all black combo looked pretty cool. Unfortunately I can't remember the reel that came with it.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I've been a fan of theirs for durability for years.
Best they made - ugly stik pro in the late 80's

Next - if you haven't tried is the in-shore select (Bass Pro) - much lighter and more responsive.

The standard is still unbeatable at its price

just my opinion.

·
Sitting somewhere fishing
413 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack this (not directly) all of the uglysticks I've had have had the ceramic guide inserts fall out and shred my line and its not just the tip. Anyone else experiance this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
312 Posts
Love me some ugly stiks .... got them in all sizes......... I'll be sure to get the new ones too...... and be watching the clearance shelves for the old ones of coarse

·
Registered
176 Posts
Dicks had 3 of them the other day. They are a fiberglass and graphite mix... they only had Med action, they looked thin and kinda soft. They were $40. I didnt care for them

1 - 10 of 10 Posts