Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a real small boat and had an old trolling motor on it. I got a new trolling motor for christmas and just getting a chance to take it out. When i read the specs on it they said it needed a 60 amp fuse to put in line. The old one we ran for 3 years and never had a fuse just hooked straight up to battery. It is the same brand as the old one. Do i really need to put a fuse in it or can i just run it like i did the old one?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
819 Posts
Although most companies make that suggestion most of us do not use the fuse setup. The setup is not cheap to buy for people that just have a small boat to get out with. If it was so critical, why do all the cables come with terminal rings to connect to a battery ? Like everything else it is up to you. If it is what helps you sleep at night install the fuse setup. I have had trolling motors for over two decades and never once used any fuse setup !

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
yes you can run without a fuse , but if the thing shorts out starts a fire and your in the middle of the lake a $10. dollar fuse you can get at autozone could have saved the day. show some commen sense install the fuse. it,ll take about ten minutes to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts