close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New tracker

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by Polaris2004, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Hi guys, I just joined the site. I also just bought my first boat. It is a tracker super guide V 16. It has a 30 horse 4 stroke. Swivle seats livewell and storage. I think ill love just cant wait till spring time. It also has a 40 pound thrust minkota trolling motor on the bow. I will be fishing with it in the Findlay resevoir # 2. They have a 10 horse limit.I was wandering if i put a 70 Pound thrust on the transom would that push this boat fairly good. I was also considering a kicker but didnt know if that would be to much weight. Sorry for rambling but would appriciate anybodys oppinion.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Welcome to the site, we are glad to have you join us here.
    Sounds like a nice boat you have there. The trolling motor you have should do a good job for you while you fish. As for a kicker, you might want to see what the total weight allowed on that boat is before you install a kicker. Yes, a larger trolling motor on the transom would push you across the lake just fine. I may suggest you check into getting a larger front trolling motor and sell the one that is on there, That way you'd only need one. A 76 to 90 lb. trust would move you quite fast both while fishing and moving across a lake.
    I use my 76 pd. thrust on my 19.5 champion at Knox all day and get all over the lake.
    Again glad to have you join our site. Hope to see and meet you at some of our outings and get togethers we have planned this year.

3. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Welcome to the site!!! I think you could pull a skiier with a 90lb thrust trolling motor.

flash-------------------------------out

4. Thanks for the posts guys. I figured that 70 would be plenty. Thats probually the route ill take. I will also be fishing Indian lake quite a bit. Have bank fished there but never in a boat. Man I cant wait till spring i am so stoked.