Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
From Canton, OH & new to this board. My flyfishing is mainly bass & panfish. Obviously, I enjoy float tubing & love those small lakes/ponds. This year, I will be trout fishing in NY, saltwater flyfishing in the NC Outerbanks & hopefully, trying my hand at steelhead.
Other than fishing, 80-90% of which is fly, I like to cook...mostly BBQ, chili, wings, & deep fried turkey. Been married almost 34 years with 3 children...girl/boy/girl...the baby girl is a freshman at Muskingum College, oldest daughter engaged, & son married with 2 daughters...the 2 year old, Erika, is "Grampa's girl" & future fishin' buddy. The oldest, 6 yr old Tia, will go "occasionally".
Glad to be on the board & I'll be reading & posting often. Seems like a nice board.
Mike

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,405 Posts
Welcome Ohio tuber, glad to have you. From the entire staff at OGF we welcome yoy.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
Nice to see you here Mike. Lots of good panfishing in the Akron/Canton area. I used to flyfish quite a bit, but now, I'm an all-species/all-tactics type of fisherman.

Anyway, glad to see another NE guy here. And, you made me very hungry with all that food!

Carl

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmmm.. Straying from FAOL Tuber?

Im newly registered here too, I did post occasionally on GofishOhio which I believe is what this site used to be?

Anyways good to see someone familiar.

- Chad

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody! Glad to be here!

Carl...Give me a holler & we'll catch some fish & I'll do some cookin'!!

Chad...Good to see your post. I'm still a fixture on FAOL...not too active last week cuz my 'puter had a stubborn virus. College daughter home from school=instant msgr=uhoh!
I'm back now.
Mike

·
Registered
1,511 Posts

I go to FAOL sometimes nick name Toothy Critter, have fun in NY I'll return there when the steelhead begin to show up! I generally get a NY, Pa, MI, and of course Ohio lic every year! I live in Akron, and you probly almost go past my house everytime you come north!

I FF 90% of the time, except when the smallies are off the break walls and in depths over which my sinking lines become neutral boyant!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Joe C. from Cincinnati. Long time fly rod fanatic and smallmouth lunatic, though I fish for most everything that will hit a fly - and some things you wouldn't think of as fly targets (channel cats?). I see a few posts in this forum but it seems mostly 'noreasters' chasing silver. Anyone in the southwest of the state?

J

1 - 11 of 11 Posts