close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new to the board

Discussion in 'Fish on the Fly' started by ohiotuber, Apr 15, 2004.

1. Hi,
    From Canton, OH & new to this board. My flyfishing is mainly bass & panfish. Obviously, I enjoy float tubing & love those small lakes/ponds. This year, I will be trout fishing in NY, saltwater flyfishing in the NC Outerbanks & hopefully, trying my hand at steelhead.
    Other than fishing, 80-90% of which is fly, I like to cook...mostly BBQ, chili, wings, & deep fried turkey. Been married almost 34 years with 3 children...girl/boy/girl...the baby girl is a freshman at Muskingum College, oldest daughter engaged, & son married with 2 daughters...the 2 year old, Erika, is "Grampa's girl" & future fishin' buddy. The oldest, 6 yr old Tia, will go "occasionally".
    Glad to be on the board & I'll be reading & posting often. Seems like a nice board.
    Mike

2. fishinchick

fishinchick The 'Chick!!!!

Welcome! Nice to "meet" you! I hope you love the site!

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Welcome Ohio tuber, glad to have you. From the entire staff at OGF we welcome yoy.

4. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Welcome to OGF!

5. Nice to see you here Mike. Lots of good panfishing in the Akron/Canton area. I used to flyfish quite a bit, but now, I'm an all-species/all-tactics type of fisherman.

Anyway, glad to see another NE guy here. And, you made me very hungry with all that food!

Carl

6. Spion Kopp

Spion Kopp Waving a Stick

Hmmm.. Straying from FAOL Tuber?

Im newly registered here too, I did post occasionally on GofishOhio which I believe is what this site used to be?

Anyways good to see someone familiar.

- Chad

7. Thanks everybody! Glad to be here!

Carl...Give me a holler & we'll catch some fish & I'll do some cookin'!!

Chad...Good to see your post. I'm still a fixture on FAOL...not too active last week cuz my 'puter had a stubborn virus. College daughter home from school=instant msgr=uhoh!
    I'm back now.
    Mike

8. [​IMG]
    I go to FAOL sometimes nick name Toothy Critter, have fun in NY I'll return there when the steelhead begin to show up! I generally get a NY, Pa, MI, and of course Ohio lic every year! I live in Akron, and you probly almost go past my house everytime you come north!
    [​IMG]
    I FF 90% of the time, except when the smallies are off the break walls and in depths over which my sinking lines become neutral boyant!

9. Joe C. from Cincinnati. Long time fly rod fanatic and smallmouth lunatic, though I fish for most everything that will hit a fly - and some things you wouldn't think of as fly targets (channel cats?). I see a few posts in this forum but it seems mostly 'noreasters' chasing silver. Anyone in the southwest of the state?

J

10. I just signed up today.

11. shawjv

shawjv Shudderbug

Include me in! I'm new at this fly fishing, and I'm an old fart to boot, but I'm a willing learner.

ShudderBug