close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to the area

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Opa, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Opa

Opa

I am new to the area and have heard that crappie are good fishing on the findlay reservoirs. anybody been out there yet?

2. Caught some crappie thru the ice this year. I have never fished it open water but will this year. It's still probably pretty froze and sloppy. You can look down lower in this forum and see some pics.

3. About late April on the east side on #2 the walleye and crappie get going. This all depends on water temp. Two hours before dark are the best.

4. ao203

ao203 member

good luck. generally i have had to travel back east or up by the lake to find crappie. do you have a boat? i went to findlay for some ice fishing. if its your first time try to find somebody that knows the res to go with. that was my first time and its alot bigger than what i was used to. give me a shout if you want some other kinds of fish i the area.

5. Opa

Opa

ao203
    I will take all the help I can get on where, when and how. post here or send me a pm. Thanks. Going to take a ride out to resthaven today to look around. never been there.

6. Yep, the findlay reservoirs are still frozen over far as I know. I cant wait for the water to open up so I can do some crappie fishing myself. At some point this spring they will be schooling and in a feeding frenzy and are a lot of fun.

7. I drove up to the top of the findlay res both 1 and 2 and they are clear of ice and that was last weekend. I did not see any boats out and they were pumping in to the res on the far north side. Generally they don't bite much until after the walleye run on the maumee river is over. But someone please prove me wrong.

8. All I can tell you Opa is if you catch more than 50 crappie at one time dont post it on this Fourm because some people will not like you for it:crying::D