Ohio Game Fishing banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Got skunked today at the rocky, but should have figured that. Was using spinning gear and just experimenting since I've never been steelhead fishing. Used spoons and floated some jigs with an egg. Water was murky and muddy. Still nice to get out.
a buddy and I hit a trib of the grand. we got two on eggs. water was murky. they are there man. just keep trying.

the chagrin fished this morning. sections of the grand where trips hit the river are producing. get your busts out!!! just because a gauge says something doesn't mean fish won't bite. same buddy and I caught 7 today.

Oh I don't plan on staying home just because of river data. Haha. I was just saying it wasn't looking too ideal. If all else fails, I throw my fishing gear in my car, and pull out my camera and go take pictures instead. Either way, beats working!

Did you get out anymore? It's tough to get started, especially with a 45 min drive. I've always parked by the marina. If you park there and walk up stream there's a perfect place to fish. When it was too muddy I went up to the lake and fished in a little creek by a fishing pier. When it's muddy you have to fish in the little creeks. I still haven't got up there yet, but I'm anxious.

Got skunked today at the rocky, but should have figured that. Was using spinning gear and just experimenting since I've never been steelhead fishing. Used spoons and floated some jigs with an egg. Water was murky and muddy. Still nice to get out.

Holy crap the rocky was great to me today. I have never been there before. what a beautiful place!!! had a awesome guy show us the way from erie outfitters today. told us to hit a area and I layer into them. 20+ fish 5 lost almost netted and 5 or 6 that hit and shook once or twice and we're gone. all in the same hole! I will be going back there next chance I get to explore some!!

Holy crap the rocky was great to me today. I have never been there before. what a beautiful place!!! had a awesome guy show us the way from erie outfitters today. told us to hit a area and I layer into them. 20+ fish 5 lost almost netted and 5 or 6 that hit and shook once or twice and we're gone. all in the same hole! I will be going back there next chance I get to explore some!!
Lucky... I went out for a few hours and got nothing. Fished with a white jig w/ maggots part of the time and egg sacs the 2nd half. Quit a bit early since my rod guides kept freezing and my braid was getting stiff.

What did you use? Fly or spinner? 20+ steelhead?

E

I was using my pin that was messed up. I had to manually feet the line off. my sacs were getting a lot of bounce from me. I've had a few days like that on the grand but with jigs. that by far was my best egg day with all others combined. I was lucky as all hell.

I will say this. I help anyone I can with any species. I think that came around yesterday. while we were at erie outfitters I very nice older guy helped me and my buddy out. he volunteered to drive to the river with us. after all the detours due to the funeral yesterday we got to where he was taking us. he pointed to two spots. I listened to what he said. my buddy had a crapy day. he got one sucker. I COULD DO NO WRONG!!!! I got very lucky. any bright colored egg sacs worked. I do believe I wouldn't have done as well with my spin cast as I use braid. it was cold ice was an issue. I really believe the only reason I did as well as I did was I listened to the man that took us there. if anyone on here was at erie outfitters yesterday morning when the two guys from painseville were there thank that guy that took us!!!! I will be back to that shop but don't know when.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.