new to franklin area

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by imalt, Apr 17, 2008.

1. imalt

imalt Banned

just wondering if gmr in franklin is worth fishing for smallies. I have seen guys catfishing. but didnt know much about smallies in the area. Seems like most of the post are either north or down below hamilton. I just want to know if I have any chance of a catch or not.

2. just above franklin at the dp&l spillway ( low head dam ) is a good spot for walleye, saugeye and smallies, i fish for cats and carp and have seen some nice smallies come out of there........Mike

3. There are some decent smallies to be caught in Twin Creek, not too far from Franklin.

4. There are plenty to be caught all the way through Franklin and it doesn't get fished a lot because everyone wants to fish the dam.

5. imalt

imalt Banned

never really fished the river before. Are jigs and rooster tails good place to start. I am going to get some waders this week and head out this weekend.

6. herkin

herkin Herkin

I fish the gmr in the sidney area and smallies are pretty good, bomber model 5a or any small diving cranker or in quite pools i use a june bug or dark colored 5 inch senko