close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to forum

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Hotntot, Oct 14, 2004.

1. I just wanted to say hello this is the first time I seen this forum looks pretty cool. My name is Jon (Hotntot) I hunt a small piece of land my father owns, it's only 8-9 acres but it butts up against Kiser lake & has a creek w/ steep banks & the top of one side has evergreens & 5 crabapple trees. Ther seems to be 3-6 does that bed there each year the rest of the deer seem to use it as a travel corridor so even though it's small there is plenty deer! I ve taken several very nice does,last year they aged my doe @ 4.5 yrs. old ! I've taken a small 8pt. a couple years ago & have seen some really nice bucks just have'nt got close enough. I typically wait until the rut to start hunting so I don't spook the does that bed there hoping they'll bring in a buck! I use a crossbow,shotgun & mostly hunt from ground blinds. I just wanted to introduce myself & say Hello, but I do have 1 question though, is anyone starting to see some good Buck sign (rubs,scrapes) I usually only see rubs & they usally pop up pretty close to the rut, I seen the 1rst one a few days ago! I'm thinking it might start a tad early with this cool weather! GOOD LUCK & GOOD HUNTING !!! Hotntot