Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boyfriend and I have just started fishing these past couple of weeks.. I am new to fishing but not to the area and he is the opposite. He just wants to catch some good sized fish and I really want catfish! Tired of catching these tiny sunfish ): we take our daughter fishing at homestead for fun. He and I just went to Griggs reservoir last night and still nothing good... Any advice on locations, specific spots and what kind of bait! We've just been using the really big worms... I think night crawlers but I could be wrong.. Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Hilliard Municipal Park is a good place to start. Griggs is really low right now.

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
fish the east side of griggs at night...there is a deep channel in there that is a channel cat highway! chicken livers or cut shad work well....you have to go when there are no trailers in the parking lot else you will be pulling in your lines a ton....10 pm is a good start time there

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Psst, try the west shore of Griggs, turn off Fishinger at Rivers Gate, looks like you're entering a gated community but there's a park entrance.
Thank you! We will have to try that this weekend! We turned off of riverside last night

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fish the east side of griggs at night...there is a deep channel in there that is a channel cat highway! chicken livers or cut shad work well....you have to go when there are no trailers in the parking lot else you will be pulling in your lines a ton....10 pm is a good start time there
Where exactly would I go/park? I'm not familiar with fishing there

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
the entrance to that area is off riverside (33), right across the street from subway and you can park anywhere...there are many boat docks to fish off of, as well as many shore line spots

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the entrance to that area is off riverside (33), right across the street from subway and you can park anywhere...there are many boat docks to fish off of, as well as many shore line spots
Are they public docks... We fished off of these docks that had gates on them but were open so we didn't see the sign on them and this lady kicked us off LOL

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
yeah you dont wanna go on those haha...but the docks north of those with no fencing are fair game...i want to say that someone could report you for fishing from docks...so i wouldnt go during the day...just make sure to yield to boats coming in and out and there shouldnt be a problem...like i said, good time to go is around 10 pm

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah you dont wanna go on those haha...but the docks north of those with no fencing are fair game...i want to say that someone could report you for fishing from docks...so i wouldnt go during the day...just make sure to yield to boats coming in and out and there shouldnt be a problem...like i said, good time to go is around 10 pm
Haha ok, I had no clue! We do wanna go night fishing it's just hard to fish someone to stay with our daughter when it's late!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Since you're in Hilliard, prairie oaks is open after dark once/month... And that is this weekend on Saturday night. I don't know about catfishing but after dark, the bite lights up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Since you're in Hilliard, prairie oaks is open after dark once/month... And that is this weekend on Saturday night. I don't know about catfishing but after dark, the bite lights up.
We went there on Monday.. Not too lucky just more sunfish lol we were thinking of going there or to Griggs tomorrow night.. What fish are common bites there?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
There used to be really nice bluegill in there but they have been thinned out some, I never did catch a bass much over a pound there, I have also caught a couple perch there and have heard there is crappie and catfish as well, if you go there you are also right on top of Darby Creek.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Ha ha amazing how much more helpful you guys are when a woman asks.Just sayin.:D

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 18 of 18 Posts