close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New to fishing freshwater (live on teh eastside)

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by pamtayls, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Guys, Hi all

Im new to fishing freshwater but grew up fishing in saltwater in australia and Have started fishing around east side of cincy and a little in Adams county ohio, I casught meh first shovelhead cat at 11# 6 ounces in a paylake, My question is I like to fish fer cats and bass and If anyone could let meh know of some good places (especially at Eastfork) that are bank fishing (as I have no boat :( ) i would really like that.

:D

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i know a lot of members living around that area, i'm sure they will chime in and help..east fork is a tough lake to fish from shore IMO..i know we tried around reisinger road awhile back..nada..:D
    what part of australia were you from?? i remember camping in the caravan around Coffs Habour..

3. I was born in canberra but lived in brisbane most of meh life.

Ive fished a little by the dam and caught a few hybrids but nothing to speak of. Im gonna go try tonight

4. catking

catking Banned

Welcome to the OGF site !!!! There are a bunch of us living around this area. I live 10 minutes from East Fork. It is a VERY hard lake to fish from the bank. You would be better off fishing it's river,Cowan Lake, the Little Miami and Farther East Rocky Fork. All great bank access. Good Luck THE CATKING !!!

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

canberra..i lived there with my uncle for awhile..they lived around weetangerra(sp.??) remembered the times we went up the hill to find mushrooms..talk about awesome grubs..i went to school in Armidale,NSW myself..was there for over 5 yrs..
    i'm a bank fisherman also..maybe we can hookup and do some fishing sometimes..

6. catfishhunter33: It wasn't me there sry.

Catking:Thanks fer the welcome, this site is awesome. Ive tried a little at rocky fork a few years ago with not much luck. Where is the river into eastfork lake?
    Also I have no clue where cowan lake or where to go on the little miami.

crappielooker: that would be cool, do like to fish weekdays or weekends, (as i work during the days) and do you nite or day fish?

7. I'll let the cat experts help you with where to get those critters. For bass in that area you've got Acton Lake, Rocky Fork, Cowan Lake and Caesar's Creek. There are other ok bass lakes around there but those are my favorites. I think Cowan is the easiest to fish from shore and it even has good channel cats too. Cowan is close to the city of Wilmington, it's a smallish lake but you'll be able to find it on a map. A couple of good shore spots for bass there are around the boat docks and by the spillway. Both of those spots have parking nearby and I'm sure there's a map of Cowan lake on this site somewhere that will help you find those locations.

Steve