Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Cleveland area and looking to get a 20-25" boat for Lake Erie fishing and family recreation. (wife, two small kids) Need suggestions for:

1. Dockage/marinas on Lake Erie anywhere from euclid/willoughby/mentor/fairport harbor/grand river ?? (close to 271/90)

2. Off-season storage (unable to store at my home)

Pretty unfamiliar with area. Just starting to get ideas/info. Appreciate in advance for any advice you can give.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in Grand River and I believe there are 3 options here. The only issue is you may want to find a slip in a cove off the river so your are not always fighting the current.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
New to the Cleveland area and looking to get a 20-25" boat for Lake Erie fishing and family recreation. (wife, two small kids) Need suggestions for:

1. Dockage/marinas on Lake Erie anywhere from euclid/willoughby/mentor/fairport harbor/grand river ?? (close to 271/90)

Pretty unfamiliar with area. Just starting to get ideas/info. Appreciate in advance for any advice you can give.
my frend had boat at marina,dry storige,where they store boat inside,you had to call them what time you going use the boat,they take the boat out from storage with forklift and put that in water for you,when you show up it was waiting for you,it was in storage over winter,they have season from aprill to oktober,if they close you have no acses to that.if you like to fish night bite late season you would have to put that in deferent marina like East 55.the place is,if you coming in Cuyahoga river,under the railroad brige you turn west and you go 1 mile.i do not know the name,you can search with google map,Edgewater marina,it is 1/2 mile south.
it is good place for fishing,you can fish rocky river area to wild wood,long brake wall in Cleveland,if you like to be on water and you have 5' wawes you can hide behind brake wall.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Check out the marina at the Geneva State park Ramp. It is right off the lake and protected. I launch out of there but dnt dock there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check out the marina at the Geneva State park Ramp. It is right off the lake and protected. I launch out of there but dnt dock there.

Chagrin river and Mentor lagoons are probably the closest to 271 and 90 with many options. Check with East bank marina you can keep it in the water or on a trailer and use the ramp also has storage.

·
Coach33
14 Posts
Mentor Lagoons is a great option. Protected, has storage, and many other qualities. Little bit pricey though. I've loved it there. Going on 13 years.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm a member at Fairport harbor rod and reel they have decent prices a club house, and a fish cleaning station, they offer winter storage (outdoors) and have 2 boat ramps on site gated around,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts