Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 3 nightsbthis weekend I fished hard for cats. Used everything from night callers to Shad to minnows. Fished Berlin for 2 nights and tried about 5 good spots and got nothing, not even a bight. I thought they might be spawning so we went to Atwood last night and the same thing happened. I'm pretty new to catfishing so I need some advice from someone. Thank you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Try chicken livers prob the best bait I just started hearing people using cherry KoolAid and chicken breasts cut the chicken breasts in little chunks put in a freezer bag and add the KoolAid let it sit over nite in the fridge then your good to go

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Chubs, Shrimp, Cut shad, Cut gill. They have got me over 60 channels this year. No big ones, most between 18-25 inches.

What I use depends on availability
1. Shad if I can net them
2. Chubs when the creeks are blown out and I have time
3. Gills if I have time
4. If I don't have time.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Definitely try shrimp and stick with the cut bait. I'm not familiar with those lakes but you might want to try different spots. If the spots you are not getting anything at is deep, then switch to a shallower spot and visa versa. If using shad then it's probably more location than bait that's the problem.

·
Baller Member
923 Posts
if you want flats at berliner, throw out some live bluegill...for channels the best bait is cut shad, then chicken livers imo....get a cast net, learn to throw said cast net, and then you have unlimited supply....be sure to always have livers as sometimes shad are hard to find

·
Registered
330 Posts
if you want flats at berliner, throw out some live bluegill...for channels the best bait is cut shad, then chicken livers imo....get a cast net, learn to throw said cast net, and then you have unlimited supply....be sure to always have livers as sometimes shad are hard to find
isn't it illegal to use game fish (bluegill/sunfish) as bait caught from a cast net?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What are some other good lakes and spots. I've been fishing berlin a lot but would like to see some new places. I Iive in the Akron canton are about 20 min away from Berlin.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts