close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Storm "Original" Series Thundersticks

Discussion in 'Walleye & Saugeye Discussions' started by tpet96, Apr 12, 2004.

1. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Hey you walleye guys. I noticed the other day while at FFF Outfitters they had New Storm "Original" Series Thundersticks for sale. They are the new breed.....but the old paint styles. Worked WONDERS for me on 'eyes when I used to use the old paint styles. Especially the red and green firetigers. Not sure about you guys, but the new paint design on the Storm ones don't cut it. Glad to see they finally got the idea ;)

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

what about the hot n tots? Did youlike the new ones? I heard the are making the old ones,but they are one size bigger now, which I don't like.

3. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

jonboy,

They had all different sized thundersticks at FFF this past weekend. DIdn't notice any of the new hot-n-tots though. Wasn't really looking....saw the T-sticks and started drooling :D

4. bassman23

bassman23 Da Fishpimp

That is great to hear. I stocked up on the old school ones when they changed the design, but I am down to about 5 now. Good news indeed.

bassman23

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I know what you are saying bassman. We raided BPS when they had them for 1.99. I have 4 left. LOL.

6. They are made by Dave Storms son. He is back in full business. Both fishermans warf and Highway bait are carrying both in a multitude of colors. I can personally attest that the hotntots work just as good as the old ones.

7. Any of you guys know if Storm still makes the "Thin Fin" series?

8. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I'd like to know that as well. ONe of my alltime favorite musky lures for casting.

9. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Cool ! :) I am now a happy guy again . I was realy upset when Storm & Rapala started making their baits look more like race car paint jobs & less like a fishing lure . Its time to go buy some lures ! :D

10. Storm Lure Co. has brought back the "old" Thin Fin like Hot n tots and call them the Hot n Tot "original series". The BPS here in Cincy can't keep em in stock. BPS carries the small and magnum sizes. They are all the old color patterns too! The Guy at BPS said that there was such an up roar from fisherman about the new tots that Storm had to bring back the old design by popular demand.

I bought some of the new HnT's last year, ones with the plastic bill and put them toe to toe with some of the old Thin Fins I have. I've got to tell you they don't hold a candle to the original tots.

Also, Dave Storm has started a new Co. call Kaboom. Kaboom carries a HnT replica called Winning Streak, I bought mine from Cabelas.

FishOn!

LarryFish