close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Saugeye Fishergirl

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by saugmon, Jul 3, 2007.

1. I took my daughter Kinzie and her mamma out on the boat this evening at IL. Left all the planing equipment behind and dragged 2 side rods for some old school saugeye trolling. Ended up with 3 eyes. A Fish Ohio 22",17",and a 14". Also got a fat 20" channelcat. Firecraw was the color. Shad was taking most the last 3 weeks-especially the avg 2# channelcat.

Saugeye are still slow,this being an above average day. Evening seems to bring in the the bigger eyes,3 in the 20"-22" range in my last 3 trips. I'm about 160 behind pace from last years motherload,but oh well. Not as many people went with me this season so those fillets stay in the Saugmon family.

Here's Captain Kinzie:

[​IMG]

She had a ball out there for 3.5 hrs.

Almost 10 months old and already trying to take control of the helm, LOL.

Here's the fish,with the small one left out:

[​IMG]

Been a slow season,being battered with cold front after coldfront,northeast/east wind-water temp up and down like a yoyo.

Water temp 72 degrees yesterday and 78 this evening.

All those fish I pulled out with tons of tubers and jetskiers everywhere.

2. Good Job as Usual!! But That sure is the Best Catch of The Day Sitting in your LAP!!!! What a CUTIE!!!:)

3. Thanx for the compliment Fishslim. Everywhere we go,all the ladies rave about kinzies blue eyes and reddish tinted curly hair. She loves people.

A chip off the old block!

4. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I was gonna say, it looks like she may have gotten a wee bit of your red hair!

great pic.

and nice fish.

5. BrianSipe17

BrianSipe17 Brilliant!

That is priceless quality time. I have an 11 month boy and can't wait until I can introduce him to a couple gills.

6. Have to go along with Fishsiim best catch setting on your lap, and a lot better looking than Dad ha!

7. Kids are great, mine are going to be grand childern from now on. I have one boy and a girl in the oven, can't wait to fish and hunt and spoil them rotten. I fully intend to be the favorite GRANDPA. Great looking little gal, be prepared they grow up too fast, spend as much time with her as you can you can't get that time back. I wish I had done more but I have lots of memories.

8. [​IMG]

I can't wait till she gets her 1st fish!!