Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of my new varmit gun!! I hope she shoots good!! it is a n.e.f. handirifle with a barska 4-12 scope on it . anyone have any experience with this gun and what do you think of barska scopes. i know that they are not nikon , but as much as i shoot , i think they will be fine, this is my 4th one the other scopes are 3-9 -40's and on 22's

·
It's Trigger Time!!!
1,486 Posts
From what I hear about the rifles, they are excellent shooters, but take a while to break them in. There used to be an H&R forum on their website, but they shut it down. Those of the guys on there that owned the handis loved them.

Now for the Barska, I have owned two and never again. The one I still have is the air gun scope on my Marlin 917V. It is unclear and had a lot of reflection in it, just waiting on funding for a new scope. The other I returned to Sportsman's Guide as soon as I got it, very unclear, sunshade didn't fit, etc.

Good luck with the rifle, I think you will be happy with it.

Lg_mouth

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I have a friend who had a handi rifle in 22 hornet that was fairly accurate for the money he had in it, he used regular factory ammo in it never bothered to handload for it and still did OK, this was a older rifle not the new heavy barrel laminates that they are putting out today, as for the Barska scopes I cant offer any firsthand knowledge of them as I have never owned one, but I have never heard anything good about them either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts