close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Regulations

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Fishstix, Jul 12, 2007.

1. With the new regulations, I was wondering how many deer everyone plans to take this year?

Personally, I will take the first doe I see. Save my buck tag for the right one. I will also plan to take one doe during gun season and one during muzzleloading season.

I will be hunting in North Carolina in December, so I would like to take one down there too. That will give me a season total of 5, which will be my best by 2 deer.

How about you guys?

2. I normally take between 3 and 5. Depending on where I am hunting I try and take a doe 1st then wait till either gun, muzzle, or late bow to take a few more.

3. I will hopefully be able to take two or three doe before gun season. I always hunt for meat and so this might be a good season for me. I would love to be able to get meat in the freezer and then take that one big buck that has seemed to evade me for several years.

Good luck to all of you hitting the woods.

Joe

4. These are my expectations for the next year, but I won't hold true to them if I feel no reason too. This is what I mean by this...

Three to four years ago I was telling my dad that we had way too many Doe's on our property. We hunt and see a boat load of Doe's and about a quarter amount of bucks. Now I hunt a big wooded lot owned by about 7 different guys. My Uncle owns 40 acres of the 420 total. Last season, the season started off great. Alot of activity early, then before the rut it slowed down to about nothing. I had heard that alot of the guys who hunt around us were having good success and we were too by taking 6 off our property. I had heard that the guy who owns property next to us took 21 deer off his property amongst 12 guys. This would probably be the reason for the slow activity. Anyways, our deer heard took a hit last year and if it looks to be the same this year. I will only take up to 2. I feel it is important to keep our deer herd healthy, but I refuse to butcher it again after a year like last year.

Ben