close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new record! fish.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba bass bigfoot, Jun 19, 2007.

1. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

That's OGF member babysturgeon. He's a good guy and someone that I've fished with. As much as I don't like bowfishing he is good at it - I've seen quite a few of his pics. He also was the one that caught the huge lake Sturgeon (hook and line) in the Maumee River a few years back. You can read about that:
    http://www.coolwaterfish.com/special.html if it sounds like something of interest.

Congratulations Brent!

2. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe (stcroixjoe)

coolwater first time i looked at your website its pretty "cool"

3. CoolWater

4. That is the biggest sucker I have seen in my life that wasn't a buffalo. I am not big into bowfishing but thats still pretty sweet. Good Job man!

Jake

5. I was thinking the same thing and so I looked at the ODNR web site for rod/reel records and 9.25# was the record for anything other than buffalo sucker. So I would say that is quite a bit bigger than most anyone has seen.

Congrats Brent on the new record!!!

6. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Thats a pretty cool fish! Congrats Babystergeon!!

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Isn't bow fishing, actually just hunting? Fishing is where you cast a line into the water, trick the fish into biting the bait, and reeling the fish in. Bow fishing is maneuvering your boat to see fish, and then slinging an arrow into the fish.

Alas, the fish is still a big one.

Gratz I guess.

flash----------------------------out

8. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

they call catching crab with huge metal cages 'fishing'

*shrug*

its semantics.

9. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Hey, Coolwater I just checked out your website for the first time as well. That is very cool! I don't think I saw musky on the list. You gotta tie into one of them rascals sometime. They are a blast to catch!

CG

10. CoolWater

Thanks, I'd love to tie into a muskie but just haven't been lucky I guess. I've targeted them 2x - one all day trip out on Alum and one all day trip at Clearfork... with no luck either day. :confused: :eek: