New Places to Fish

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Character Zero, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

Whats up everyone? As the title states, I am looking for a new place to fish. I have fished Hoover, and Alum a ton and like fishing there, but I am after a new place to go. I have been LM & SM fishing all summer long at some strip ponds and local streams and I think I may have caught everything twice. Anyhow, I am not asking for anyones honey hole, just point me in the right direction as I am looking for some new scenery- and fish ofcourse.....I practice catch and release so you dont have to worry about me snagging a nice wall mount. Any info helps. Thanks Again to all that help..

2. if you like bass fishing, you should head to knox lake. i think it could still be a restricted HP lake, but it holds some hogs. It\'s about 50 miles north of columbus on 71. Get off at exit 151 and make a right. You should run into it, it\'s in Fredericktown.

those who really know how to bass fish really rip this lake up. also has a great stump field like you would see on a episode of Bill Dance

3. Knox is Unlimited BUT its no wake. They just made it this like 3 months ago.

Pleasant Hill Lake up near Mohican park is a good bass lake as well.
    You could try Deer Creek near Mount Sterling Ohio

Griggs or Oshay in Columbus as well.

4. JamesT

JamesT Banned

Antrim is no wake as well and a great spot.!!State record saugeye is from there...

5. symba

symba Kayak Conquistador

I believe that Antrim has a no watercraft policy. Or else I would be out there on my yak finding the deep holes. Decent fishing but they should be stocking rainbows there in October.

6. Character Zero

thanks guys. I am hitting up Knox saturday. will post slabs if i get any..

7. danjaquino

danjaquino WHODAMAN

hey, some more information would help. What area? I would suggest scioto river as many people have good reports from there. Depends on what you want to catch also. Crappie, Bluegill, Bass, Muskie, Pike????? Delaware lake is a nice place to fish for crappie in the spring, we usually catch them from shore with jigs. Spillway produces some saugeye. Anyways, good luck to you!!!

8. Character Zero

thanks to all that have contributed. I am after mainly LM & SM bass.....tried musky on saturday at alum and got skunked. lost 3 lures in the rocks and came home...

9. Character Zero

where abouts on the scioto?