close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New personall best!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Abu65, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Heres my sons pers. best!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Good for him! Looks like he was having fun!

3. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

What an awesome catch! He looks so proud (but something tells me that Dad was even prouder) :)
    Those pictures brought a huge smile to my face.. Thanks for sharing!
    Marcia

4. Banker

Banker Banned

think what he'll be catching when he's 70 if everyyear he can catch a gill just 1% bigger than the previous year :B . that's awesome....gettin' em out at a young age....

5. Banker

Banker Banned

just did the 1% calculation, not too impressive. but bump that up to 3%, a 0.35 lb gill, 4 year old kid and you get a monster 2.46 lb gill!!

6. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

It's more exciting watching them catching them than yourself. Each of my 3 boys got to start going with me once every week or two when they turned 2 years old. The youngest just turned 2 and it was a blast watching him catching those gills.

7. I know what you are saying about watching them catch them. I often try to fish along with my boys when we have the boat out. However, I went Saturday with my 3 boys and my father-in-law. We were slow trolling worm harnesses and that gets pretty packed with that many lines in the water. So I did not even rig up a pole for myself. My oldest boy asked once why I was not fishing. I said I was just doing the navigating. Well I enjoyed the day every bit as much as if I had been fishing myself as well. It may not have mattered that I did not have a pole anyway. My 6 year old had everyone's number on the fish catching. He did hand me the pole for a short spell while he took a break to get a drink. I caught a small perch and then he came back to the back of the boat again to take over. I handed him the pole and not even 10 seconds later he hooked in to about a 5 pound channel cat.:) He had a lot of fun with that fish. He got two around that size. It was a real joy watching the excitement he had in catching them.

8. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

9. Smallie Gene

Smallie Gene Banned

Thanks for sharing. Did Dad take the gill to the taxidermist for the little guy? :)

I wonder what a 8" gill would cost to mount? $80?

10. Great picture! I love seeing the kids pictures.