close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New PB mirror

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by GMR_Guy, Jun 3, 2005.

1. My first mirror of the year turned out to be a new personal best. He went 26" and weighed 10.25 lbs - not a monster, but still a nice catch. It was the first mirror that I have caught out of the gravel pit.

I caught 3 commons that day that went 16.25, 14.5 and 8 lbs.

I missed more strikes than I would have liked, but I did feel that I learned an important lesson. It seems that a lot of fish did not want to come into the 8 feet of water where most of my chum was laying. During the late afternoon, when the carp came to life, ALL the carp activityin the pit was from carp rolling about 75 feet past my chum in deeper water. Apparently the scent of the chum stimulated feeding in that area. I'm thinking that the water depth they were rolling over was around 15 feet. I'm going to have to make or buy some quality spods and reduce the size of my method balls and start chumming the deeper water.

Attached Files:

2. catking

catking Banned

Congratulations on the PB ! Mighty fine looking fish at that..... THE CATKING !!! :)

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

NICE JOB!!!! Love those mirrors!

4. Where have you been BigChessie? I thought you must have got burnt out really fast. I read that you got a 22.5 lber out of Alum. I may be in the Columbus area on Sunday evening and all-day Monday doing some carping - if my body is up to it.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

very nice mirrow, I have never caught one.

6. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Those are a strange looking fish. If I didn't know any better, I'd think it was a defect or mutation caused by the pollution or something. You know, like those mythical 3 eyed fish. Just looks like some of it's scales fell off. :confused:
    Carpers are having too much fun. I used to think flatheads were ugly too, like a giant mudpuppy. Someday I'll think those mirrors are cute too. :p

7. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

Nice catch, Just like Flathunter, I have never caught one either.

8. I like the color of the fish. It is really dark which i like. nice pic. thanks for sharing

9. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

GMR Hey dude I'm still lurking around lol Just had some shoulder surgery last week so I've been laid up. Hoping to be able to get back out asap. This is killing me with everyone and there brother catching mirrors,pb's and monster commons!! lol I hope to get out soon, even if I just do the photo work! lol

10. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i got your photo ops right here bigchessie.. heh heh.. pack yer stuff.. we be goin on a road trip.. :D