New PB channel for me

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by gregshoh, Jun 16, 2008.

1. gregshoh

gregshoh Greg

Headed back out to the local pond tonight.......Got my PB 7 pound channel (forgot to measure.....:mad: )........this place is awesome........just this week.........a 3.5 pounder, a 5 pounder, a 5.5 pounder and now this 7 pounder.......also had another nice one hooked all the way to the bank but lost him when I tried to pull em out ( I need to start taking my net).......all caught on cut bluegill..........[​IMG]

2. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

congrats on the fish.

3. Cats are a blast to hook into. We usually find some while crappie fishin light tackle. A two pounder gives some laughs.

Congrats on finding a good local spot....those are some nice fish. Would you mind describing the rig you use and what kind of hook? Thanks.

4. gregshoh

gregshoh Greg

Congrats on finding a good local spot....those are some nice fish. Would you mind describing the rig you use and what kind of hook? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I use I guess what you call a carolina rig........I have 20 pound test on my rod.........cut off about 10"............then put on a decent size slip sinker the a little bead........then tie a swivel.......next I tie the 10" piece to that swivel and then my hook directly to the 10" piece..........I use circle hooks........various sizes.......the black heavy duty ones............