close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New PB Bluecat

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flathead King 06, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

went up to a local pond tonight with a few buddies with the intentions of catching a few cats...well to start things off it looked like it was going to rain all evening and then it just seemed to settle in on us but it never rained...well with all the cloud cover, the bluegill wouldnt hit at all, but finally managed around a dozen, so I threw my lines out and almost immediately had a super hit, but couldnt set a hook into it...sat around and shot the breeze with everybody and around 11:00 pm i had another good solid hit...I got up and set the hook...and boy o boy did that fish do a flip out on the surface of the pond...I knew i had hooked into a pure hawg!!! so I am reeling it in all the time thinking why didnt I bring the dipnet tonight...then all the sudden we saw the fish roll near the bank and it was a whopper...i sent my best friend up to my house (3 miles up the road) to get the net, so after a 30 min ordeal...we had the biggest fish in the pond on the bank...it was a monster blue cat that weighed in at 44.4lb...WOOOOWEEEEE it was my new PB bluecat, surpassing my old best by a pound...anyways here are the pics I got on my camera...my buddy took some more that are far better...but it was shortly released after pictures and a good weighing

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

dang u needed those bigass poles 4 that! i wondered how long it would take u to post on here ;-)

3. Booya! Was a good time man. Awesome job fighting it in (And keeping it from swimming off while waiting for the dip net.)

4. That's awsome. He looks a little beat up so he must have really put up a fight. What size pole and line do you use when your cat fishing? I don't think you'll find anything like that in Delco anymore though. You'll need to keep us posted if you try it.

5. Flathead King 06

I use mainly 10'-12' surf rods...and 30lb berkley big game...all attached to an 8/0 octopus hook

6. chrisoneal

chrisoneal Catching Them Hog Cat's

it looks like a fish rescued from a paylake. Nice catch

7. is this a private pond?? cause who ever owns must really like catfish to be stocking those bad boys in there.. those fish are not cheap

8. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I think Chris is right the pond is mostly stokced w/ fish from Paylakes. Hey, whatever works though. I know of folsk who used to do that same thing at the pond by the Fraze Pavillon in Kettering. There used to be big flatheads and blues in that pond. It's not for me as I like the idea of river fishing, but I bet for kids or folks who are unable to get out much that catching those would be a blast.

9. Flathead King 06

you guys are right...most if not all the cats in the pond have come from paylakes...and when you cant get to the river but once or twice a year, they can be some great waters to fish

10. Muskie Hunter

Muskie Hunter All Species Trophy Hunter

Man, you are the man!!! Outstanding catch!! Thanks for posting the pics; I haven't seen many catfish that big. You have me wanting to go catfishing; I haven't caught one over 8 pounds or so. I love your passion for fishing; keep up the good work.

Good Fishing,
    John

11. Flathead King 06

thanks to all those who replied...it means alot

12. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

Awesome fish. Congrats.

13. ssouthard

ssouthard Retired Lake Erie Guide

Well it seems worth being ate up by the bugs to land a wopper like that! nice fish, see you there soon!

14. MAN WHAT A MONSTER!!! im goin down to rocky fork on saturday night if you wanna join youre more than welcome!!!

2007 totals:

bluegill: 85 9in
    crappie: 2 11in
    channel kitties: 3 22in
    carp: 4 27in

GET FISH R DIE TRYIN'!!!!:B

15. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

i agree with you bryan, that is a nice fish tho congrats