close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New PB Bass

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Zfishman, May 26, 2007.

1. Zfishman

Zfishman Member

Well, it has been a while since I posted any info because I have had nothing to post this year. However, that changed this week when I caught my personal best bass. Unfortunately, when I got the camera out to prove it, the battery was dead. It also was not taken in Southwest Ohio. My wife and I stayed in a cabin in Hocking County this week that sits on 500 acres with three ponds and with no other cabins to share with. In other words, it was heaven. I caught numerous bass at 12 inches and 1 pound each and my PB at 18+ inches and around 5 pounds. I also caught numerous blue gills in the 7-8 inch range. The bass hit on rebel craw, standard Rapala, jig and pig, rubber lizard, and the big one on a #3 Mepps Spinner. Caught the gills on the rebel crawdad, Rapala and various flies (woolly worm and nymph were best). Also fly fished for trout in Clear Creek but had no luck there. I have been striking out all spring in the LMR, and CC, sorry that I had to go out of the area to get my confidence back. But it was an exciting week.

2. sounds like u had a great time

3. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

sounds like fun

WHEN YOU GONNA HIT RIVER