close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Ogf Spring Outing

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingful, Apr 11, 2004.

1. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

Ok guys here is the deal.............i started a post for a mosquito outing may 15th on GFO after talking to a few members/moderators and after what has happened over the last few weeks we have decided to move the post to this sight with one small change the outing is going to be held at WEST BRANCH the 15th and hopefully go along with the CAG outing (i still need to talk to shawn about locations and times) the idea behind all this is 3 fold.....1. to promote the outing on the new sight. 2. meet some members that we would otherwise not run into depending on the kind of fish you fish for. 3.make it one of the largest outings ever. I would like to get everyones feed back about this idea but believe this will start the year off with a BANG. :D .........THANKS ........JIM :D

MORE TO COME.................... :cool:

here is a map of the lake sorry it is the only one i could find
    http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/parks/parkmaps/westbranch.gif

DATE.... MAY15
    TIME.....7:00AM
    LOCATION.....WEST BRANCH
    RAMP LOCATION......EAST RAMP
    EATING LOCATION....EAST RAMP
    EATING TIME.....3:00PM

THE TBA'S WILL BE FILLED IN NEXT WEEK WHEN CAG FIRMS UP THE TIME AND LOCATION THEY ARE HAVING THEIR COOKOUT!!! I WANT TO MAKE THIS AS EZ AS IT CAN BE!!!

LETS GET ROLLING ON THE HEAD COUNT, AND WHAT YOUR BRINGING TO EAT. THIS IS GOING TO BE A FUN DAY. LOOKING FOREWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL AND MEETING THE CAG MEMBERS. THOSE WHO NEED SEATS, PLEASE NOTIFY ME, OR IF YOU NEEDED A SEAT AND NOW HAVE ONE, PLEASE NOTIFY ME SO I CAN UPDATE THE LIST. LETS GET THIS SPRING GOING WITH A BANG!!!!!!!!!

BELOW IS THE LIST OF OGF'ERS INTERESTED.
    I WILL KEEP THIS LIST UPDATED
    FISHINGFUL-SMELT/FISH COOKER/PLATES/PAPER TOWELS/FORKS
    TIGHTLINER-CHIPS
    FISH 4 BASS
    FLIPP
    FISH2DAY
    PARROTHEAD JIM-80 HAMBURGER/ 80 BUNS
    DA KING-COLMAN STOVE/GAS/POP/SIDEDISH
    FISHFRENZY
    PORTAGE LAKES-POP ON ICE
    PAPAPERCH-FISHING ALL DAY-POSSIBLY OPEN SEAT
    TXTRANSPLANT-DEER BURGER
    DDAY-NEEDS A SEAT-ONION/CHEESE SIDE DISH
    DA RUMINATOR-"KILLER BEANS"
    FROGGY-SMOKED STEELHEAD/SMOKER/LOOKING FOR THE DONATION OF ANOTHER STEEL HEAD OR LARGE FISH TO SMOKE
    FFFFFISH- MUSKY LURE DOOR PRIZE/COLMAN STOVE
    BALANCE
    CRAIGERDV
    TPET-MACARONI SALAD/CHIPS AND DIP/PLATES/NAPKINS/CUTLERY
    KSU FLASH-EXTRA LIFE VEST FOR HIS BOAT
    LEEABU-PIES/LURES FOR DOOR PRIZE
    JOHNBOY111711......MAYBE
    WALLEYE GUY.....MAYBE
    WORM DROWNER.....MAYBE
    LIQUID TENSION.....MAYBE
    BIG DADDY.....MAYBE
    NCRAFT150.....MAYBE
    LIL'ROB......MAYBE

2. Awesome! Great Idea! That is what I suggested all along! I will be there for sure.......TightLines!

3. sounds like a good plan to me, count me in. :D

4. Fish2day

Fish2day member

(quote)p.s..........besides i hear those carp guys can cook up some fantastic food.(quote)

They HAVE to be good cooks ..... they sure can't cook those carp! :D :D

I'll be there (to eat these words :) ) I'm glad you changed it to WB even tho I voted for Mosquito.

HEY !!! I'm a JUNIOR member !!! I haven't been a junior anything in at least 32 years

5. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i voted for mosquito too but this is just too great of a chance to get different groups and a large number of members together at the same time how else would you ever meet DA-KING JUESUUUUUUUUUUS ;)............JIM

6. catking

catking Banned

Sounds GREAT !!! I stuck this thread at the top, gotta do this with outings like this that promote this site.THE CATKING !!! :)

7. catking

catking Banned

I'm looking at my Atlas, and see no West Branch. Other names for it? I see Michael J. Kirwan ?? Am I close? CATKING. :confused:

8. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

michael j kirwan is west branch if you see rt 5 and rt 14 that is the west end of the lake and the east end is the dam area

9. WOW! DA KING is making the trip to the Northeast! Heck Yeah! King, I'm gonna have to print out the picture of you with the twins and get it autographed!

10. WOW!!!!!! DA KING in person :D :D :D :D :D You can count me in.....JIM

11. catking

catking Banned

DA KING will be there with the CARP girls !!! You all remember Sweet and Sweeter.I'd post their pic again, but having problems (Frown,) LOL !!! DA KING !!!

12. I will try to be there. If I can make it I will post up. I will have 1 open seat on the boat.

13. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Hmmmm.....West Branch? There be toothy critters in West Branch! I might just have to put in an appearance.

14. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

is this going to be held at the same location/ramp as last one at WBranch? I'll try and be there again.... :cool:

15. PAYARA

PAYARA THE ONE YOU LOVE TO HATE

yous guys better watch out for the King.not only has
    he mastered the catfish,he clowns seasoned carpers
    at our own game,it took a guy from the old world to bring the title back to the carpers,and now hes comming to west branch.i seem to recall hearing something about the King with a ''one cast muskie''????west branch is full of those
    muskie,what will he do this time? :D

16. I'll check the calendar and see if it's open for me.

If you want, I can give a clinic on catching crappies out there. LOL

Carl

17. catking

catking Banned

That sounds like a new saying for me :D THE CATKING !!! :cool:

18. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Wish I could go but Bubbahunter & I (along w/ the wives) rented a cabin at Cowan, we're helping w/ the Fishing W/Out Boundries thing.

Good luck to all.

19. Portage Lakes

Portage Lakes OGF Member

Count me in!!! I'll bring cans of pop in coolers with ice. I am not sure if I have an open seat yet in my boat, I'll let you know when the date gets closer.

PL.............

20. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

It is my sons first birthday, but I might be able to fish in the morning as along as I leave by 11. If so I will have a open seat. I will let you know.