close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEW! OGF Angler of The Month : June 2005

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Jun 13, 2005.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

June 2005
    Angler: TvFisherman's Dad​
    Lake Erie Smallmouth

[​IMG]

OGF is pleased to introduce our new Angler of the Month recognition program! Brought to you on behalf of our sponsors, photos are selected straight from our member galleries and voted on by OGF staff to select the Angler of the Month. The selected entry each month gets a FREE Team OGF vinyl sticker, courtesy of that month's sponsor.​
    Thanks, and we look forward to seeing your pictures!​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. catking

catking Banned

This is a GREAT idea.... By the way members, my vote CAN be bought ... :cool: ............. :D Congratulations to our very first winner !!!

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Awesome idea! It should be fun to see if the pics start pouring in now lol

4. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I think thats great, I like the idea alot. We should see some good pics now. :D Not that we dont have some great ones already. :B

5. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

:D The 1st one goes to a stinking Smallmouth? Good gosh whats OGF comming to. Geesh...... Just Kidding. Can I win next month if I get a 45 lb Flathead?

6. catking

catking Banned

If you get a 45 pounder, you can be angler of the freakin decade ..... :D

7. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Who Votes??? DoEs It Go By The Picture And How Many Hits It Gets??

OOps now I see....not taking away from tvfishdad but there are alot better, impressive pics than that one.

8. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Newbreed,

The criteria for the monthly selection is varied, it is not based upon just one qualification.

The size or the quality of the fish is only one criteria and is not any more heavily weighted than any of the other many qualifications that we consider. A good picture with an small bluegill is just as likely to be selected as a picture with a 50lb flat or an 10lb walleye.

As you saw, the entire OGF staff votes on each months selection from a group of nominees taken from the gallery.

I hope I have addressed your question.

thanks,
    Kim

9. On behalf of my dad who will soon have an account here, thank you very much. He was thrilled to learn of his accomplishment.

10. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

It was a great picture, especially since there was several to choose from. He just looks so thrilled.
    Newbreed...it's tough to pick one, there are several really great ones, from most all species (especially some of mine :rolleyes: ) Since there's only going to be 12, it makes it tough, there's probably 12 good shots posted each week. ;)
    Everyone has a chance at it.

11. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

now do the pictures have to be recent? That seems like the best way to do it. The angler of the month should not be based on a fish from a year ago.

12. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Oh, I think we need "pretty" fish too...joking man, joking !!! Here's the criteria as I see it. We have thousands of pictures & have to choose one a month... See??
    We have the random scroll pictures, that's good enough for me. All pictures end up on it sooner or later. It's not really a "contest" per se.
    Don't worry, be happy. *lol* Keep catching fish and post those pictures.

13. I finally got around to putting down my fishing rod and switching on the computer.
    Thank you for choosing me to be your very first angler of the month.
    Mrfishohio says I look thrilled on the picture; I was. Thoroughly.
    Every fish does that to me, that's why I fish. I want to thank my son, TVFisherman, for the great photo. As some of you have said, it wasn't the most impressive smallie, but the setting sure was!
    I have some pics from seasons gone by of an eight lb. Largemouth. I could post them if anyone would like to see that. I even have a story about a world-record fish that we ATE!
    Tight lines, everyone.

14. Tee

Tee Team OGF

First off, Congrats on the Angler of the Month Award! Thats a really nice fish! It sounds like you had a great time catching it!

Secondly, we would love to see the picture of the 8lb largemouth and the story of the world-record fish. Thats what we anglers do....Tell stories! :D

Welome! We are glad you have joined us!

:)

15. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Congrats to TVfishermans'dad. That is a very nice smallmouth bass and he looks very excited. This is a cool idea and I hope it continues.

CG