close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New ODNR Forum!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ShakeDown, Mar 2, 2008.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

To better serve our OGF members with news straight from ODNR, we've implemented a new read-only forum which contains a direct feed from the Ohio Department of Natural Resources blogs/news.

Check it out here > http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=100

It will contain press releases, articles, as well as fishing reports straight from the ODNR!

2. I love it! Tried to post on a new thread but wouldnt let me. Locked?

3. ShakeDown

Yeah we have it locked down so only the ODNR feed/staff can post to it...I guess if there's a need, we can open it up...My thoughts were the posts will be from the DNR news bot, which isn't interactive...like it's not a person per se that can or will reply back.

4. Ya I know! Wish we would get that! ALOT of guys cant make the Phil Hillman news outings And there is ALOT of good info in the forum that would be cool to talk about. Is it better to start a new thread in the topics forum?

5. looks very interesting lot of good info is it going to be a thread that is pinned/sticky somewhere?

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

it's a totally different forum just like others,not a thread or post.you just can't reply to the threads.

7. Guys, Great idea. It looks great. I guess if we want to discuss something we can start a thread in the Lounge, or somewhere that what we want to discuss would fit. At least this let's us know what is going on.

8. ShakeDown

Why don't we do this...cuz I do agree that it would be cool to be able to discuss those threads as they come in if members want.

Close it for postings, but open it for replies...in otherwords, guys cant start threads but can reply to them...

Thoughts?

9. ShakeDown

Alright just made that change...can someone test it for me please?

Try creating a thread...shouldn't work
    Try replying to one...should work

10. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Very cool idea, looks good.

11. HMM guess I didnt ask the right question. where will this forum be located so i can go find it easily?

12. Scroll too the bottom of the forums Jeff.;) Thanks Shakedown! Deff looks like guys will be posting. Worked for me.

13. Great idea ... this will keep everyone on top of what is going on at ODNR !

14. as homer simpson says dolt. Thanks Jig. Wife was reading this and laughed and mumbled something about socks

15. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

I like it already!