Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
This is a good safety precaution. Our one vehicle does not have daytime running lights nor do they sense and turn on so I will have to always remember this. I have always done it when it is particularly dreary but I have to admit that I knew nothing about this becoming a law.:eek:

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
i believe its always been the law for commercial vehicles

·
Registered
887 Posts
Commercial vehicles can also do 65 like normal traffic as of today, not sure if they got the signs changed yet, I will find out in a few hours but it was supposed to go into effect today.

·
Here We Go Steelers
1,142 Posts
Commercial vehicles can also do 65 like normal traffic as of today, not sure if they got the signs changed yet, I will find out in a few hours but it was supposed to go into effect today.
It's about time...I drive a big truck and going 55mph when everyone else is going 65mph is just dangerous.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I drive truck too, haven't been out today to see if they changed the signs or not. Will definitely be nice, but I wouldnt venture much over 65 for a while, you know the state boys are not happy about the increase.

·
Here We Go Steelers
1,142 Posts
I drive truck too, haven't been out today to see if they changed the signs or not. Will definitely be nice, but I wouldnt venture much over 65 for a while, you know the state boys are not happy about the increase.
There are signs up on I-70 and I-75. They had them up but behind the larger dual speed limit signs that I'm sure they've taken down by now.

I expect some job cuts at the State Highway Patrol office soon, they won't be writing too many tickets to big trucks now. :)

·
STX 206 Viper
1,870 Posts
I'm not a trucker but I'm glad they changed the dual speed law. I always thought it was more dangerous to have 2 different speed limits. Maybe this will cut down on the "drive in the left lane and never move over" drivers. (probably not).

It's also been a personal rule of mine to turn on my lights if I turn on my wipers.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I am so glad about the new laws. I am a trucker. All the 55 signs are gone in Columbus but I still saw just as many cars with no lights on this morning in the rain. I've been wanting this law for awhile. You can not see a car without lights on in the spray from a big truck. Also the move over or slow down law for emergency vehicles also went into effect today for vehicles with yellow lights such as tow trucks and construction vehicles. I read that the wiper/headlight law was a secondary offense so you couldn't be stopped for it and only warnings would be handed out for it until next year.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
this has been a law in New York for at least ten years. I love it. Too many people only turn on their lights for their own benefit and don't realize how invisible they can be in the rain. I stopped car-pooling with a guy because he refused to turn his lights on in the rain. I cannot wait until he gets a ticket.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
680 Posts
Starting today, 7-1-09...Lights must be on when raining....just a reminder... THE CATKING !!! ;)
This is not new in Ohio. Being a recent transplant, I had to read and pass thed Ohio driving test and in thed handbook it said headlights were required when raining. This was a handfull of years ago.

Jim

·
Defensor Fortis
4,379 Posts
This is not new in Ohio. Being a recent transplant, I had to read and pass thed Ohio driving test and in thed handbook it said headlights were required when raining. This was a handfull of years ago.

Jim
I thought it was on my test when I took it many moons ago (1982 :().

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,614 Posts
i wish there was a law saying you must go fast in the fast lane on the highway.
Me TOO!!!!!!!

I also agree that the dual speed limit was more dangerous in my mind. I have been trying to figure out why they had all the speed limit signs covered up on the bottom, this just explained that. So all the signs on 71 in Cincinnati have been changed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts