Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! New member but longtime reader. Have a few questions. I went up to Delaware Lake with a buddy Sunday. Does anyone know what the construction is about below the dam? They've got it to where the water that supplys the Olentangy is barely coming out of some large pipe coming from the dam. I'm surprised the Olentangy has water at all! Left there and went to Griggs. Saw people catching and keeping 3 inch smallmouth, that hurt. Then I saw some guys wade out into the water with a net. They found a deep spot, threw the net out, pulled it in and walked to the bank with a net filled with saugeye, smallmouth, etc. Decent sized fish. They continued till their bucket was full. As an angler this doesn't appeal to me. My question is, is this illegal? My buddy said it is. Just curious.

·
Registered
323 Posts
At Delaware they are doing repair work to the stilling basin. Not sure how much longer they will be. Heard the usual stories of monster fish being pulled out of there when they drained it.
As for the duds netting gamefish, yes, it is illegal. They need tasered while still in the water tending there nets, and then arrested. Don't be afraid to make a phone call if you see it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts