close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New member.. what did I catch

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rubb, Aug 26, 2007.

1. Rubb

Rubb

Hi all,

1st post to ask what the he11 is this, twin lakes in Dublin.
    It weighed in at 5 lbs, thought it was a carp with a broke tail but, the color and scales are different?
    I've searched and can't find this one....cluless?

Like I said, looks kinda like a carp but with a different scale and color pattern and it's tail turned up..?

I love to fish and shoot and I'm on to other forums...so thanks for the welcomes in advance..

Rubb

[​IMG]

2. Champion188 Elite

Champion188 Elite Smallie slayer

Looks like a Mirror Carp,don't know what happened to that tail.

3. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Tried looking up all the different carp found here, and my guess is a normal carp that needs a chiropractor!

4. I have somadem in my fish tank. I cull all that look like that though. Every now and then I get a couple of those HOOK FISH in my fancy guppy tank. Think it comes from in-breeding ( too many brothers and sisters :p ) in a confined space. Mike:D

5. he he he chiropractor ......its true its funny and true..........mid

6. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

looks to me like a mirror carp that had a bad bad tail day ;)

7. Muskarp

Muskarp Banned

Looks like a common carp. The color and scales do vary in some carp. Probably from the chemicals they pick up in the water and genetics. I've caught carp in the 'O' that were very light to very dark, some with smaller scales some with larger scales. For this to be a Mirror Carp it would need patchy scales. Better photo and we probably could confirm.

8. I caught a carp at Alum with a similar issue, he was kinda "S" shaped. I'm not sure what causes it, there was no signs of scaring...like he had been hit by a boat or something...

9. As AK would have said, "Thats a mirror carp dude."

10. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

HAHAAA

[​IMG]