Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in far western midOhio. I have been fishing about 65 of my 70 years growing up across the street from a pond. I fish for catfish, Bluegill, crappie, and bass. I like using unusual baits to see what fish will bite on especially catfish. I don’t get out fishing much anymore because I can barely walk. Lately it has been a private pond with some unusual hybrid fish. From what I have found they are likely a cross between a Hybrid Bluegill and a RedEar Sunfish. Very aggressive meaty fighters.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I live in far western midOhio. I have been fishing about 65 of my 70 years growing up across the street from a pond. I fish for catfish, Bluegill, crappie, and bass. I like using unusual baits to see what fish will bite on especially catfish. I don’t get out fishing much anymore because I can barely walk. Lately it has been a private pond with some unusual hybrid fish. From what I have found they are likely a cross between a Hybrid Bluegill and a RedEar Sunfish. Very aggressive meaty fighters.
den942 welcome to the site. I'm sure you have discovered by now the wealth of information on this site. A lot of real good people here. Looking forward to reading more of your post about “ the pond ".

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
welcome den942 I'm like you I'm 62 and don't move as good anymore I'm sure you will enjoy OGF lots of wonderful people on here always willing to help and loads of information feel free to message me if ya like to talk fishing again welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, folks. I live in SW Ohio and I'm 72. I own a small business in retirement. I started fishing with my dad when I was about 7. He was an old pay-lake catfisherman, but when I was in high school, we made summer camping trips to Georgian Bay to fish for bass and pike. While I was in college, dad and some friends would make annual treks to Michigan for Coho salmon. My son and I have fished quite a bit and our next trip is next month (October) to Alum Creek. We can't wait.
I'm glad I found this site!

·
Registered
3 Posts
welcome Rick good luck on your trip Tight lines
Thanks! I'm going nuts trying to find in stock Megabass Jamaican Boa buzz baits. They seem to be out of stock everywhere. Found them at a shop in Phoenix, but for 20 bucks each plus $7 shipping, that's out of my budget range.

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Hey, folks. I live in SW Ohio and I'm 72. I own a small business in retirement. I started fishing with my dad when I was about 7. He was an old pay-lake catfisherman, but when I was in high school, we made summer camping trips to Georgian Bay to fish for bass and pike. While I was in college, dad and some friends would make annual treks to Michigan for Coho salmon. My son and I have fished quite a bit and our next trip is next month (October) to Alum Creek. We can't wait.
I'm glad I found this site!
Where on Georgian Bay? We used to go near Parry Sound and also Pointe Au Baril.

Reactions: Daego Doug
1 - 12 of 12 Posts