Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Brand new to this board, as of today......and hoping that I can get a bit of backround info to get my research started.

I am hoping to wade fish the western portion of lake erie beaches/shorelines (possibly rivers?) at night for walleyes. Probably in the fall to go after the larger fish. I am fully willing to drive the 5-6 hours to do this, so rest assured that I'm as 'hard-core' as they come.

I am trying to avoid crowded piers, and enjoy the trail-blazing that wandering off to a quiter area can promise. I remember meeting Jim Fofrich a long time ago when I was a kid and remembering he did this.

Im hoping to get a few things to point me in the right direction, and learn what type of wind/water conditions would be better than others.

Lastly, I don't know the etiquette yet on secrecy, so of course lets assume that this should be done via PM.

Im a steelhead fishing maniac in IN and MI, and would be happy to assist anyone there who'd like to learn more.

Thanks, and great board, guys!

speyday
Plainfield, IL

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Welcome to the board sir.

The spring spawn in the rivers might suit you well and that is about over. Dont fish western basin much myself but it sounds like you want beaches and other public accesss points come fall.

Post this in sept/oct and you might find more help. If you want to try trolling sometime shoot me a PM and you can join me.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Welcome to the board speyday! I'm sure there's someone here that can help you. I mainly fish for walleye, small mouth and perch. But when the cotton balls start fly'en around here, I zero in on catfish along the rocks.

·
Banned
544 Posts
...from the piers at night from Cleveland to Port Clinton. the fall bite from shore normally starts at the end of October thru early Dec, depending on ice.
u can leave the waders in the truck, not necessarily needed, other than possibly to keep warm. big Husky Jerks-14's are the favorite weapons in the fall. it can be hit & miss, but regardless, they will be a comin' in for the shad.

i also know a Steve Fofrich from around that area. if Jim has a brother, or possibly a son named Steve. Steve is an avid duck hunter too.

hit us up when it gets near that time of year, surely we can point u in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts