close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New London Res/ Wellington upground Res

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by joe01, May 20, 2004.

1. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I never see anyone Talk about New London, Wellington upground, how's the fishing. I fish at findley alot and do very well. If anyone has any info let me know or drop a line or too...

2. I havent fished either in a couple years but before i left for college i used to fish them a lot. Wellington has a strong largemouth fishery and i often had luck fishing plastic baits texas rigged and around this time of year jerk baits were hot. New London has a lot of smallmouth bass. Again plastics seem to do the best for me (tubes) around the rocks. As for other species I dont know, I never targeted them much at either place. Drop me a email if you want some more info.

3. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I fish Findley often as well (I'll be out there this evening as a matter of fact). Do well there. Wellington upground haven't been on as much. Usually too windy up there. If you want to hook up this evening, look for a black f150. May be out at picnic point, maybe the dam area, maybe spillway. Not sure yet.
    Sam

4. Dingo

Dingo

Has the bluegill bite cranked up on Findlay yet? I'm looking to take my nephew fishing on a canoe, and don't know if I can time things right to get on wellington upground on a calm day.

5. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

I fished findley and wellington last weekend. Findley, My bro and I did good on cats and a few slabs and two nice pearch. and at Wellington we has a hole stringer of bulegill 9 to 10in. We should bo on a boat this weekend on both lakes only if the weather holds up!

6. Wannabitawerm

Fished Findley yesterday afternoon. The bluegill should be on fire by memorial day weekend. I'll be camping on site 79. If you're out stop by for a cold one. A few bulls are on the beds. A few crappies caught off the point and a couple of cats by the creek channel. Dingo, this weekend should be great for the gills. Even during the week should be alright as long as the water levels don't go berzerk. After this afternoon though, I'm guessing it will be up for a few days.

Sam

7. Dingo

Dingo

I was thinking about high levels during the rains this afternoon. Still going out there Sunday. Will probably hit the upground.

8. jay01

jay01 Banned

Me and joe01 went out this sat. Nailed some nice gills. As soon as we can down load pic we will show ya. Sam me and joe01 will stop by next weekend. We did well at the upper res this weekend. Going in the morin to the upper.

9. Wannabitawerm

Was out yesterday for a few. Had a meeting at Findley for the Friends of Findley. Anybody interested in joining, just stop by and see Bridget in the park office. I'll post something in the general discussions about it. I hit a few small gills. Didn't spend too much time. Had other stuff to do. Jay01, I'll be out Friday at about 2:00 or so. So far it is still site 79. I drove through and the site wasn't wet (no standing water at least) so I should be fine. Any fishing ideas you might have for fishing Saturday, let me know. Oh-- I almost forgot, Finndley is having rootbeer floats on Saturday from 1:00 to 3:00. I'll be helping serve. I'm also recruiting my work buddies. (They don't know it yet, but, I'm providing the food, camper, and campsite so they'll get over it!) :p

See you guys out there!