New London Res. Update

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sluggo, Jun 1, 2008.

1. I fished new london about 10 days ago in the evening and hooked up with about 8 rock bass, 2 average smallies, and 1 small walleye. Has anyone been there lately? How is the smally/wally fishing? I am currently on vaction with my family in Myrtle Beach and plan on hitting New London next week when I get back.

Sluggo

2. dont waste your money on the launch permit:p

3. sluggo me and a buddy hit the res yesterday for a quick trip and we got a few really nice walleyes and two huge perch all caught drifting crawler harness and one of the eyes on a leech with a slip bobber I really want to get out with joe01 me and him been talking about getting out there and slayin some eyes if your gonna go next week let me know

4. My brother inlaw has been going there for the last 3 weeks or so on the weekends and doing good catching eyes drifting with worm harnesses as well.......................Rich

5. joe01

joe01 Functional Fisherman

Doug, I must have missed you yesterday, My phone works:) 1 3lb smallie, 1 eyes, and lots of cats, all on slip and leech

6. the last few years the bass fishing has been going downhill :(

7. joe01

I get more bass then eyes.

8. Joe seems like these last couple of years its been hit or mis for the eyes. But your right more bass then eyes. joe send pic of that smallie.

9. Sorry I didn't reply to everyone sooner but I have limited internet access here at the moment in Myrtle Beach. First, thanks to everyone who replied . . . . it helps alot. Seems like everyone is catching some eyes and most on worm harnesses or slip bobbers. At what depth are you all fishing with these set ups? Seyeslayer, if I go next week I will let you know.

10. All the fish we got was right about 18 feet of water. I was running a bottom bouncer and casting a mayfly rig my buddy was using a slip bobber set about 15 feet down at the end of the drift we would troll back up to the front of the reef we were fishing.After this weekend im gonna start hitting there a little harder. Joe is right the past couple years i do seem to get more bass than years past but when i fishing for eyes my number one fish that i catch that im not after is catfish. I know New London has a decent fishery for the cats but between the past two years iv caught more cats than anything. I do well for the eyes up there but there sure is a bunch of big cats up there. Sluggo and joe we should all get together up there one day and tear em up together.:G

11. joe01

this is a ave size smallie in new london. One again jay nice fish , I know you out fished me last sunday:)

Attached Files:

12. I just wanted to post an update on my recent trip to New London (NL). I went out on Father's Day evening at last minute notice. Left from Barberton at 7:30 p.m. with my 6 year old daughter and arrived at NL at 8:30 p.m. Fished from 8:30 to 9:15 when we had to come off the lake due to a lightening storm :mad: Anyway, in the 45 minutes we had to fish I caught 1 really nice bluegill and 2 average rock bass. My daughter caught 2 rock bass and 1 REALLY nice smallmouth (like the one in Joe01's pic below) on her Barbie Rod! Did a fine job of landing the fish, too! I almost lost it at the boat trying to grab it since I forgot the net at home! Glad I didn't cause the look on her face and the excitement she had at that moment made the trip worth it. All the way home she was telling me how fishing is her 'favorite thing to do in the whole world'!!! I believe another fisherman (fisherperson?) has been born . . . . the hook has been set! She fished a number of times before since she was three and caught bluegill, etc. but this nice smallie did the trick. Took her to Mc Donald's afterwords for a milkshake to celebrate! All were caught trolling jigs with twister tails and nightcrawlers at about 6 f.o.w. Anyone else doing any good out at NL? I know a couple of guys wanted to hook up and do some wally fishing out there. I would love to and will let you guys know when I am going. This past trip was just a last minute decision. Has anyone done any good for the walleye during the daytime and, if so, at what depth?

Sluggo