New location

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by CDL, Jul 1, 2008.

1. CDL

CDL

I just started fishing in a new pond (new to me anyway) and I have no idea what kinds of fish are stocked in it. I hooked a fairly big cat a few days ago, but that's it. Any tips on bait to use until I figure out what fish are there?

2. I would start from the top. Topwater that is. Then switch to mid-depth type lures, then bottom type lures.

3. CDL

CDL

I've tried every lure in my box with no luck whatsoever. I might not have the right tackle to use, I'm not sure. The water has been clear. Sandy bottom, not much cover that I've seen,and I'm not sure of the depth. Any suggestion on the proper lures to use? The only thing I know of that I haven't tried is live bait.

4. Do you see any bluegills swimming by the bank?? Are you fishing from the bank? Early morning/ dusk Buzz bait or a jitterbug/ popper. I like 5'' yum dinger or Yamamoto Senko for Bass if the waters kind of calm and you can cast to the bank and let it sink slow, pull up and repeat.

5. CDL

CDL

I have been fishing from the bank. I've been starting between 7-8 am and finishing up around 11am. I have seen a few bluegills and a few small bass, but I didn't have any luck bringing them in. Do I need to start earlier? I'm not able to go in the evenings.