close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New LCD Monitor - WOW!

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by Ruminator, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Today I had to finally replace my 2001 19" Dell Trinitron.

I bought from CompUSA a Viewsonic VA903b and just now installed it.

I had narrowed it down to either Samsung or Viewsonic products for myself based on several factors.

The many reviews I read were right on the money. Beautiful page colors, and easy to read text.

I vacillated between the new widescreen format and this "full screen" format for the past week. But I am only going to use this monitor for web browsing and working here at OGF 99% of the time. so I went with a great choice well liked by all the reviews I researched.

Not one dead pixel. ;) And bright, vivid colors!

It was a REAL TREAT to simply plug in the power cord and analog cable, and have it auto set-up in moments and away we go!

Its been so long since I had a great screen view that I had forgotten how sweet it is.
    I went through my My Pictures folder and checked out many of my saved pics again, so nice!

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Rumi...did you replace the monitor that was giving you fits? With the 15 second on/off issue?

3. Ah new toys. I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you vacillated! Enjoy.

4. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

I got the Viewsonic 19" Wide version a while back. They are awesome. My eyes were getting sore by the end of the day with my older 17" Phillips CRT. No more!

If you want a new, better experience, GO WIDE!

5. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Yea Shake, I finally just replaced it!! :D That monitor and my computer has never been turned off for all these months.:eek:
    It was actually taking over 30 minutes of turning it on, having it shut off in 3 seconds, then turning it back on until it warmed up enough to stay on!

leeabu, nope, I'm OK. :D

Kagee, I looked long and hard at the widescreens. My son recently bought one - the ViewSonic VA1930wm. It has brilliant color and brightness but I concluded for my nearly 100% surfing uses that I would prefer the standard full screen. ;)

6. Eriesteamer

Eriesteamer BORN TO RIDE THE WAVES

I fix those Cathoad Ray tube monitors.could giving you one if knew yours was on bum.got lots.every time I fix one customer never come pick it up.Now to the newer ones.I to got one mines westinghouse and all those old tube monitors I got will never take the newer LCD out.I to had problem seeing useing those glass tube monitors.thats now history here.Great move up and less heat and warm up time.LCD forever.

7. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks for the thought Stan. But I wanted to move up to an LCD type to get rid of all of the heat. ;)