close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

new lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lewzer, Apr 22, 2004.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I see an unnamed lake on my computer map that I don't know the name of. It's directly east of Mosquito on Rt 88. it's a north-south oriented lake with Kinsman on the north and Orangeville on the south.
    It's in Ohio and not Pymatuning.
    Any locals got the info on the name and species and whether is fishing is allowed?

2. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

You have to be talking about Shenango River resevoir. It is on Pymatuning creek. I don't know any thing about this resevoir, so I got out my map. On the map it does not have any permanent lines outlining the shore of the lake. There is a dotted line that surrounds the valley it lies in that says "maximum fill line". If it were to be filled, it would swallow the town of Orangeville it seems.

In Sharon PA, there is a permanent line around the lake and a dam off Kelly rd. It seems that the lake is not fully filled (?) and may be not totally permanent on the Ohio side, but in PA it is. Off of Lake rd NE of Sharpsville, PA there is a Shenango Reccreation area, with boating possibly. You might want to check out PA's ODNR equivalent to get boating and fishing info.

My guess it is mostly a PA lake. I have not seen it before nor have heard anyone talk about it. But I knew it was there in some respects at least.

Hope this helps. I am curious about this as well. If anyone intimately familiar with the area can tell us if the lake exists in ohio, and to what extent, would be appreciated.

3. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I haven't used TerraServer in a while. Thanks for reminding me. I used to play around with TS alot! By the satellite pics, the pool starts just past the OH/PA border. The lake that is colored in on alot of maps is not accurate.

What is "max fill line"??? Do they ever fill the reservoir that full? If they did, it would extend 10 miles into OH!