close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

NEW ice gear for "09"

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Big Joshy, Oct 22, 2008.

1. heres some new electronics. The ice55 by Humminbird has some unique features and won best new electronics at this years ICAST show.

http://store.humminbird.com/humminb...ing-flashers/chumminbird-ciceFlashers-p1.html

Figured we could use a thread to update everybody on new gear for 09
    just post anything you find here! Can't wait for Ice.

This year I plan to use more of my hand cut plastics that worked so well for me last year. I cut bloodworm sized strips of plastic with a razor and died them red with dip and glow garlic dye. Nothing new but, I cut them out of the old terminator snap back plastic and they are super indestructable and have much better action than standard plastic. Rigged t-boned or "wacky style" they caught fish as well or better than bait. worked great after ice out too.

2. hawgjam

hawgjam smell my finger

YESSSSSSS! Thinking ice fishing too. I've been looking at the new ice55. Pretty cool stuff and will probably be exceptional in daylight. One just went on e-bay last week...didn't catch the final price. I've been using Fl-18 for a couple years now and like it a whole lot. Just purchased a Marcum lx-5 (used) and want to give it a try this year...looks to be comperable but like the face of the unit. Would really like some feedback on the ICE55. Anyone know of a online review for the ICE55?

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

i like the look of the bro bug. mud bug looks to be E.T. inspired?

4. I am a big fan of the modern Humminbirds. But I also love the Vexes. The Vex has a proven track record where as the Ice series is in its first year. Marcum also enjoys a good reputation. I think I would wait a few years before ponying up to 499.00 for something in its first year. Just a thought from a rather old ice sitter. 61 years of age and 49 of em on the ice.