close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Honey Hole

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bronzebackyac, Jul 13, 2007.

1. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

I took my buddy to a hole on Paint Creek that I just got permission to fish at. Nothing was biting on creek chubs, so I decided to put a small one on and try for a smallie or something at least. First cast, White bass, Second cast same minnow, White bass. This continued with my buddy joining in for about 30 minutes. We prolly caught 35 white bass total. At one point I caught 8 whitebass in a row on 4 minnows. Some were the biggest I have seen in Paint Creek, anyways to the good part. Since nothing was biting on the chubs except the whiteys we decided to put the few that were gut hooked on the end of our catfish lines. After about 10min, I had a run and missed it. It felt big. I actually had it on for about 10 seconds. Ten minutes later my buddy's pole started falling into the water. He set the hook and fought the fish for 20 minutes. Finally I was able to land it with my hands. Fellas, this was the biggest catfish I have ever seen. We estimate that it was between 40 and 45lbs. He could not curl it, and I could only curl it twice, and I was struggling. We took some pics on my cell phone and let her go. It was a spawned out female. Beautiful fish. We proceeded to fish for about another hour and missed a couple more nice fish on cut white bass. Just one fish, but one hell of a fish. Pics to follow later. I have to get them off my cell phone.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Great job man. I had a falthead (I'm assuming) break 303 Cajuon Red line a few years back on Paint Creek. I was using a live White Bass..... go figure. ;)

3. ...can't wait to see the pics!! good job!