new homemade ICE Lure

Discussion in 'Tackle Making' started by Big Joshy, Nov 21, 2007.

1. heres a lure I made out of an old storm wildeye jigging soft minnow.
    I pulled off the plastic and all that was left was the lead underbelly and the hooks. I put a rattle in the nose and used gobs of hot melt to make the body. the back fin is made of plastic from a vinly siding sample that I bent and shaped with a razor. it swims perfectly just like a jigging rapala but it rattles and its quite a bit lighter so it makes bigger slower circles. this is a new paintjob. The first paint job was not so great but. the one time that I used this lure I caught 4 saugeye through the ice in the first 5 minutes with no minnow added.

Since then ive tweaked the action a bit by adding the back upper fin to help it track true.

the new paint job was done with spray paint cans, automotive paint with a brush, glow powder paint mixed with epoxy to make the belly glow. Then epoxy all over.

Im realy excited to give it another try, can't wait till ice time!

[​IMG][​IMG]

2. awesome looking bait! Sounds like you put alot of thought into detail with it too. Happy Thanksgiving. :B

3. KILLER ice jig! I'll take one in every color. LOL! Nice job.

4. that is a nice looking jig. Hopefully you'll be seeing many more fish in the future.

5. Those poor saugeye won't have a chance!!!! I love this kinda stuff. Dialing in colors and actions to increase your odds in your favorite fishing holes!