close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Forum Idea

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lucky Bass, May 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey Guys,
    On forums in the past bowfishing has been a problem when mixed in with other fishing topics due to differing opinions. I know that no problems have come up here yet and so as to keep it this way I was wondering if the OGF team would be able to create a forum for bowfishing. I know that we are a minority but I think that a seperate forum would be very helpful in concentrating information for fellow bowfisherman and helpful in reducing conflict. Again, this is just an idea. I am interested in knowing if this would be supported by other OGF members and able to be created by the OGF team. Thanks you all for your consideration.

Norm

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'd say go the Ohiosportsman.com for all of your bowfishing needs.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I agree with Bryan on this...IMO it is not, nor should it be classified as fishing...You asked if OGF members would support this, so I cast my vote as a big no..I would imagine many of the Carp anglers on this site feel the same way..Not trying to start a fight, just saying my views on this.

4. I think they should make a seperate forum for it. Lucky bass I guess H2O and flathunter don't want you here if they are telling you to go to another site to read and post about bow fishing. I think it is a good idea for a new forum. That way everyone else doesn't have to see the posts. It doesn't bother me. Good luck.

fishintiger

5. I really hope that OGF (the new premiere FISHING site for Ohio) does not help support the killing of carp for sport by offering a forum to assist in this activity.

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Folks, most of us helping manage this site have 'been there, done that', and would rather not make such a forum. We respect those of you that partake in this sport, but feel it is in the greater good for our community not to develop a seperate forum for these types of discussions.

Thank you for your understanding.

7. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

'Tiger, please allow me to make my point clearer.
    I never said that I didnt want Lucky Bass here, all I did was recomend another site. There is a pretty good relationship between OGF, Ohiosportsman as well as JVolpes ite; OHfishing. Ohiosportsman is geared more towards hunting & bow things. They have an entire section fo their site devoted to bowfishing. Please dont make assumptions like that, I dont think anyone that knows Flathunter or myself would not want people on here. I'd like to see MORE people on here w/ MORE FISHING reports.

Respectfully

Bryan

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have nothing aginst Luckybass, and I certainly dont want him to leave because we dont have a bowfishing forum..But as you can see the word bowfishing causes alot of controversy, as it already has..Most fishermen I have ever talked to are aginst it, so it is bound to cause hard feelings.

9. catking

catking Banned

I know what you are saying Lucky Bass, but your sport has a very small following(at least on this site) Things like Trotlining, Garfishermen, Bowfin fishermen(believe it or not :D ) See what I'm saying? Even though Bow fishing is COMPLETELY legal, it does stir the pot when included in with people who fish with rod and reel, just like the trotliners. But the OGF team does appreciate your suggestions and view you as a valued member. Thanks.......CATKING

10. so if i was to continue to use my .243 to fish with then does that mean i have to leave the site??????

11. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

With respect to all of you, I am closing this thread. We've stated our position, and welcome all anglers regardless of how you fish. We will not allow this to become another pissing contest however.

Thanks for your understanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.