Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to post this before but it seems as though it didn't take. I have a classmate who recently decided to take up fly fishing and he has asked me to take him out and show him the ropes. He lives in Mason and I was wondering if any of you could point me to some good places to take him around there. I can provide the flyfishing knowledge but I don't know about access and such around Mason. I know the LMR is very near there and I found something about a place called Landen Farm Lake, but I can't find out much about that place. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

·
fanatic
25 Posts
I would hit some small creeks, I don't flyfish but my son does. He hits the small creeks by our house and almost always catches something. You definitely need plenty of room to cast. Are'nt there some small creeks up by Lebanon? Are you talking about Landen Lake? Good Luck!

·
Backlash King
146 Posts
I am not a fly fisherman, or even a good fisherman, but i do kind of know the area. If the landen pond is what im thinking it is just a real small lake in a park, I have only seen carp there. There is a spot on the little miami river right near there that is ok to wade so I guess you could do some fly fishing. It is under the State Route 22 and 3 bridge. GPS coordinates for google earth 39.319893, -84.252516. Good luck.

·
Backlash King
146 Posts
I actually found an alligator there about 15 years ago with my grandpa. It was only about two feet long and we called the dept of wildlife. Just a little funny story about that spot.

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
Pine Hill Lake off of Kings Mill in Mason. Plenty of room to cast and practice if that's what you are looking for. Can't promise you any fish though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts